Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Which pushchair - small but can off road?

(7 Posts)
claireybelle01 Mon 23-Jun-14 12:34:12

Anyone got any suggestions for a pushchair that's lightweight and compact, has a nice bit sun shade and can do some minor off roading? Am struggling to find something that meets all of these things. We just bought a Out n About Nipper but it's so long and doesn't fold up much smaller that the Bugaboo Frog that we've already got!
Ideally we want one that's small for our boot and light to carry. Any ideas?
We borrowed a Quinny Zapp but I hated it, it was so flimsy and rattled down the street!

Ihateparties Mon 23-Jun-14 14:18:32

It depends how much terrain you're talking about. The cheapest robust thing I can think of off the top of my head is the britax b motion. It is smaller than the nipper but not dramatically. It's not light imo. The city mini gt is probably better but again not light or small (both of these fold small compared to the nipper). I chased this brief for years, eventually settled on a red kite zumi with an air tyre kit imported from the US. There is also the easywalker mini but that was waaaaaay over budget for me at £600+

KeithTheCat Mon 23-Jun-14 14:23:15

mama's and papas armadillo? I'm not sure how much off roading can be done but it seems sturdy.

allduffedup Mon 23-Jun-14 23:06:10

Baby Jogger City Mini GT?

spottydolphin Mon 23-Jun-14 23:07:49

what about a mountain buggy swift/breeze?

Tiggywunkle Tue 24-Jun-14 14:14:48

The Easywalker MINI stroller?
Fab off road. Compact enough for a MINI car boot.

BJCMGT or a BJ City Versa GT (surprisingly smaller with the front wheels off than the BJCMGT).

claireybelle01 Tue 24-Jun-14 22:08:33

Am definitely leaning towards the BJCM or the Maclaren Techno XT at the mo. Hubby going to check them both out. Both not exactly off roaders but a happy compromise I hope! Thanks for all the help people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now