Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

ERM... Ihateparties... am I going mad or did that thread just vanish?

(31 Posts)
SqutterNutBaush Tue 03-Jun-14 00:06:51

The one with the lady looking into a lightweight, rear facing pram?

I'm pretty sure you were on it too and now its gone confused

Ihateparties Tue 03-Jun-14 00:12:18

I can still see it below this one... Is your device misbehaving? Curious... I've just been into it again to check, thread is definitely still there. Hmmm. confused

SqutterNutBaush Tue 03-Jun-14 00:24:37

Maybe I clicked hide lol

Sorry just thought it was a bit odd and worried that I'd been duped by the worlds shittest troll somehow grin

AJB93 Tue 03-Jun-14 17:12:52

Mine? Or another person's haha

SqutterNutBaush Tue 03-Jun-14 17:26:54

Ah yours AJB!

I think I've pressed hide by accident lol

Are you any closer to finding something?

AJB93 Tue 03-Jun-14 17:31:42

Nope I am well and truly stuck. I liked the thought of a travel system as Ican keep an eye on him and when he hits the right size/weight he can sit forward facing. Just totally unsure what to pick.

AJB93 Tue 03-Jun-14 17:34:49

My OH loved the Graco Candy Rock one but I'm not sure on it now for reasons you stated previous (I think it was you) I need it within the next week as well so not long left to find one. I don't mind him forward facing I just want him facing me for a while longer

Ihateparties Tue 03-Jun-14 19:56:56

The candy rock is the mirage (I think) slightly dressed up. Which has been one of Graco's biggest sellers for 20 plus years, it's still quite a big seller for them. I still see them fairly often. Round here there are loads and loads of evos, a good few that are now 2 years old. I haven't heard anything in passing, irl or online, about them breaking but then again I haven't sought that information out. You've seen the graco sky haven't you? I mention it because of the cup holders mainly!

I realise this has been a very graco heavy post. It wasn't supposed to be when I started it, that's just the way it went!

AJB93 Tue 03-Jun-14 20:09:13

I will check it out thankyou for the info x

AJB93 Tue 03-Jun-14 20:13:40

Without sounding like a total idiot, the Zezu is 13.3 KG but the sky is 10 kg. Do you think it 2 ill be alot lighter. I like that as it is also parent facing too

AJB93 Tue 03-Jun-14 20:42:26

Toys r us do an organiser that velcrows on I was tempted to get the Candy Rock and the organiser too. Just hate how he won't be facing me for much longer. Please tell me it's nit as bad as I think, not seeing him haha

Ihateparties Tue 03-Jun-14 22:20:13

It's not as bad as you think grin. It isnt. But it is lovely to have. Dd2 zooms for the horizon on her scooter and she's only a year older give or take a few months. Enjoy it for as long as you can I reckon.

And yes, I think 10kg will feel noticeably lighter than 13.3. If you want something that is genuinely light it has to be under 7.5kg in my book,

SqutterNutBaush Tue 03-Jun-14 23:24:27

The Mirage is a decent budget pushchair and is certainly light and easy to fold.

My friend has had one for her son from birth and loves it, she walks quite a lot on paths and it does well and 18 months on its still in fair condition although it does creak now but its fit for purpose.

I wouldn't put a car seat on with a heavier baby because its not the sturdiest thing but the hood has a massive window to peak through or the hood folds right back and your DS can still turn to see you. Parent facing is great but don't beat yourself up about not having it smile

SqutterNutBaush Tue 03-Jun-14 23:31:28

Is the candy rock available to buy anywhere now?

If not the black Mirage system is on Argos for £99.99 and then you could buy a funky footnuff/liner to jazz it up!

SqutterNutBaush Tue 03-Jun-14 23:34:19

Actually the black zigzag is funky! On offer at precious little one for £119.99 including raincover.

Ihateparties Tue 03-Jun-14 23:36:19

Have seen an actual genuine candy rock on the shop floor in toys r us not too long ago so it must be available somewhere...

AJB93 Tue 03-Jun-14 23:38:59

Sorry my phone died I saw the Candy Rock in toys r us too. It looks a bit more sturdier than the Mirage

AJB93 Tue 03-Jun-14 23:41:04

Does anyone know if the Graco sky is cheaper than 300 anywhere else?x

SqutterNutBaush Tue 03-Jun-14 23:44:33

Oh I see, I thought it was a colour way lol

After Googling it its just a Mirage with accessories, slightly bigger wheels and a visor on the hood.

SqutterNutBaush Tue 03-Jun-14 23:48:16

So is the Sky the Toys E Us exclusive of the Evo then?

Ihateparties Tue 03-Jun-14 23:55:15

Kinda, I think so basically, it's very similar. I like it but in reality haven't used it... Or the evo or a mirage/candy rock.

AJB93 Wed 04-Jun-14 00:28:25

I'm so tempted to just get a Joie Mirus... see if it's any good and I've seen it for £90 so not too much. Anyone had experience with strollers and no swivel wheels. I love swivel wheels. Sooo easy sad

SqutterNutBaush Wed 04-Jun-14 07:26:48

My main pram doesn't have swivel wheels but big tyres so its a smooth ride small wheels would probably be rough.

I did borrow a friends Venezia years ago with my 2 year old, like the Mirus when rear facing the back wheels swivelled but when front facing the front wheels swivelled, I found it awkward to use and beyond useless for getting up kerbs as if you tipped the pram the wheels would turn in and buckle.

Can you lock the Mirus wheels so they don't swivel at all? It would be fine front facing though.

AJB93 Wed 04-Jun-14 08:20:35

Yes you can lock them. I tested it out and found it hard to push so I thought I might have to try and get used to it. So stuck on on prams now. I loved the Quinny xtra 2 but I agree it isn't sat up enough

AJB93 Wed 04-Jun-14 09:43:27

Came across the Chicco Trio Living but can't seem to find it anywhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now