Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

confused- where do I start? Anxious dad!

(6 Posts)
PBdad Mon 10-Mar-14 09:08:58

About to become a father for the first time. Wow- pushchairs are confusing. My wife & I have been round a few places looking at them, but its daunting.

We like the grace ego for its easy fold, we have yet to see if it fits in our Golf. One concern I do have is the lack of suspension. We will be not be using public transport, we will mainly be using it for around the high street and walks along the concrete paths in the park.

Can anyone help an anxious dad?! Don't want to break the bank with £700+ systems designed for the Chelsea set but also don't want to regret going budget.

Is the graco Evo a good consideration?

AndHarry Mon 10-Mar-14 13:54:31

Sympathy here, it's really easy to get over-sold a pushchair.

Graco is a solid brand with a good reputation. You do need to check that it will fit into your car. Other things to consider:

- is it suitable from birth or will you need to buy a separate carrycot from 0-6 months?
- is there a compatible carseat available? (really useful when nipping into a shop and the baby's fallen asleep in the car)
- can it be folded in one piece or do you have to take off the seat unit first? (not great for public transport)
- can the seat unit go rearfacing? (might be important to you, especially with a little baby)
- how much room is there in the storage basket? Enough for a changing bag?
- is the handle adjustable to be comfortable for both parents?

PBdad Mon 10-Mar-14 14:56:55

Many thanks AndHarry.

I understand the Graco is suitable from birth and there is a compatible car seat. Plenty of storage room and can face rearwards.

Phew- It's easier buying a car! ;-)

AndHarry Mon 10-Mar-14 15:23:26

Definitely grin

we are first time parents too and went into Mamas & Papas a week ago and ran out with a bad case of the sweats and 'what the hell have we let ourselves in for' - who knew there were so many options!

Thanks for the info above, really helpful and hopefully our next baby shopping venture will be a bit more successful grin)
Good luck with the Graco!

CrazyOldCatLady Mon 10-Mar-14 15:56:55

On the budget issue, we got around it by buying a second hand Bugaboo. It was a lovely solidly built buggy, a dream to use, and both our kids loved it.

It was 4 years old when we bought it, and we used it for 3 years and 2 kids before selling it for the price we'd originally paid for it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now