Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Can anyone tell me more about the Baby Jogger Versa?

(9 Posts)
SomethingLovely Sat 01-Feb-14 16:13:21

Hi - does anyone have one of these? Can you tell me if the folding and unfolding is properly possible while holding baby with one arm?

I think it's the only parent-facing one-headed fold pushchair that could work for us, but I'm keen to know if it'll do what need! I had a play around with one in John Lewis today, but it seemed pretty tricky to unfold it without it sliding everywhere using just one hand!

And any other pros/cons? Need something I can fold and lock up at the bottom of the stairwell before carrying baby up to our flat on 3rd floor, plus lots of public transport journeys...

Thanks!

SomethingLovely Sat 01-Feb-14 16:16:46

*one handed! Not one headed...

Ihateparties Sat 01-Feb-14 17:56:38

Don't remember being able to unfold it whilst holding a baby... carrycot irrelevant anyway as you just remove it from the chassis with the baby in. After that... hmm maybe it's possible. It isn't what i'd choose for a lot of public transport, too big and heavy, particularly if it will involved folding and carrying it much.

simplynails Sat 01-Feb-14 21:15:04

Hi somethinglovely.

I have a versa. Been using it for about 9 months, since DD was 6 months old.

I have loved this pushchair, but am looking to sell and buy something else now.

Folding is possible whilst holding baby (not a newborn though) I have only done this once or twice and only at home.

I have found it just a bit too heavy for hauling about to be honest. I'm in and out of the car a lot and I just don't find it practical. I don't think I'm particularly weak either.

I would definitely struggle to unfold holding a baby. I use both hands and usually start off by crouching on the floor to undo the catch.

I bought it as I wanted something that parent faced. I haven't used it forward facing and DD is 16 months now. I just like her facing me :-)

Also I wanted something that would cope well around town but also for countryside walks and I have to say I have been very pleased. It offers a smooth and comfy ride. DD doesn't seem to be jiggled about like a previous pram we owned.

If I were you I'd play around with it a bit more instore and see what you can do.

Anything else, just ask.

SomethingLovely Sat 01-Feb-14 22:01:23

Thanks ladies - ok, so it's heavy! Thing is, what other parent-facing, one-handed fold options are there? And any that don't weigh loads! Seems to be very few - I've heard the icandy strawberry does that, but it looks pretty bulky when folded down...

Ihateparties Sat 01-Feb-14 22:27:47

Do you want it to be parent facing fold and one handed fold?
I'd get a sling and widen the search cos there's almost nothing parent facing with a useable one handed fold.

SomethingLovely Sun 02-Feb-14 07:48:20

Yeah I've kind of come to that conclusion! DD is nearly five months, so I'm going to test her out facing outwards in our current (2 hand fold) buggy & see how she gets on, have a feeling the parent facing bit is more for me than her! She's v interested in what's going on generally so if it works we can widen the search... One hand fold & lightweight I think are more important to us.

CharleyFarnsbarns Sun 02-Feb-14 23:07:03

Hello
I have a versa and the only thing I don't like about it is the fold and moving it when folded. I also have a city mini which has a brilliant fold and is really light to lift. Maybe something like that would be better? My DS faced me for a bit but then at about 9 months much preferred facing out as if he saw me he wanted to get out of the pushchair and be carried!
The city mini is great for public transport. I prefer the city mini 4 for steering though.

Tiggywunkle Mon 10-Feb-14 10:49:06

Get a Babyzen YoYo. Believe me, it should suit what you need down to the ground especially if you have another pushchair as back up. It is a one handed fold and open too. Absolutely bliss to use. With a 5 month old, I would get the 6+ - the seat has a good recline and I would certainly use it for a 5 month old.
The Versa is a one handed fold, but a 2 handed open. I agree, that its heavy too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now