Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Joovy caboose ultralight - looks amazing so why have I not seen more of them??

(9 Posts)
Astralabe Sat 01-Feb-14 12:41:11

Looking for a double - DCs are 10 months and 3 years. Managed fine with ergo sling (carrying baby on front, or if he'd fallen asleep in pushchair carrying her on back when tired) but both now too heavy. Don't really like P & T as I think DD would hate not sitting up properly and seems heavy. I like side by side but too wide for us round here..
So I found this pushchair and it looks perfect! Like a single pushchair with a seat at the back / built in stand for older child to choose. So - why haven't I seem any around here? Anyone got one and got any comments on them? Maybe they are still quite new?

13loki Mon 03-Feb-14 15:55:23

I'm thinking about buying a sit and stand in America when we go. DD1 will be nearly 4, but we are doing theme parks and I can't be doing with waiting for her to wander slowly everywhere. She'll get tired, too. DD2 will be 6 months.

Coveredinweetabix Tue 04-Feb-14 23:47:11

I think its down to looks. They're incredibly ugly compared to something like a Bugaboo Donkey but they're so clever. My friend had one & it was fab.

AuditAngel Tue 04-Feb-14 23:51:40

I bumped into a mum with one of these, I had a serious case of buggy envy. So much do that i started talking to her about it. They are fantastic. Wish I had known about them when I had DD1.

stickybean Wed 05-Feb-14 00:00:55

I had one when my kids were similar ages to yours. It was great but there were a couple of downsides.
The handle bars attach to the back wheels only which means it can be quite heavy to push and steer. Not such a problem if your kids aren't massively heavy or if you're not using it for loads and loads of walking.
My kids were both big kids and we don't have a car so pushing it was quite a work out!

The other negative is that if the baby is asleep and needs reclining the toddler can't sit down. They can stand though.

The final thing is it's tricky to use with a muff.

The negatives wouldn't stop me buying it again though, it was exactly what I needed at the time.

Astralabe Fri 07-Feb-14 19:55:06

Thanks guys - I've bought one and it arrived today - cant wait to try it out! (Weather permitting!!)

Tiggywunkle Mon 10-Feb-14 10:30:51

I loved my Ultralight. Fab pushchair, but as you have done, its better to buy once the baby is a bit older. We had lots of fun with ours.

RosebudTheCat Mon 10-Feb-14 23:19:50

I also have one and really like it! I have the caboose too extra seat for the back at the moment, as Ds still naps at 3.2

BewitchedBefuzzledBewildered Sun 16-Feb-14 21:40:42

I saw one of those the other day and remember thinking how unwieldy it looked. The poor mum was trying to steer through a shop and was having a lot of trouble.
I moved to a single with a buggy board as soon as humanly possible, I had all sorts of doubles and they were all a bugger to push, without a shadow of a doubt.
Get a better sling so you can carry your little one longer (like a Tula), a buggy board and you're good to go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now