Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Twin buggy advice - where to buy? Secondhand or new?

(5 Posts)
Loubyloulou32 Sun 26-Jan-14 15:47:53

Hi All
I'm expecting twins in April and after doing lots of research i've pretty much decided on the Mountain Buggy Duet as my buggy of choice.

I've been looking at good condition second hand ones on Ebay and they seem to be going for not far off the brand new price for buggies that have few years on the clock. I don't really see the point of paying £300+ secondhand when I can get a brand new one for £399 at the Oxford Pram Centre.

Can anyone advise on whether they've had the same issue and what you did?

Also, can anyone recommend anywhere else to buy new buggies where i might get a good deal/special offers. Winstanleys also seem to be quite reasonably priced and they recently had an extra 10% off sale which i missed in the hope of getting a bargain on ebay.

Many thanks

thepiggotupandslowlywalkedaway Mon 27-Jan-14 17:50:31

Snap on April twins! We've just bought a second-hand Out n About Nipper Double (one of the old models, but in really pretty good condition). I was looking fairly obsessively on Ebay, but people do seem to get bidding fever in the last few hours. As you say, in some cases people could have paid an extra hundred and got something new. However we got ours in the end from Gumtree, and paid a good price for it - less that I've seen any go on Ebay, anyway!

Loubyloulou32 Fri 31-Jan-14 14:32:30

Yes, there seems to be a crazy bidding frenzy going on or people trying to sell the used buggies for the same price they paid for them new! I have looked on gumtree but had no response from the people i've contacted which makes me think they're timewasters and not serious sellers. I guess my quest continues...!

Loubyloulou32 Fri 31-Jan-14 14:33:53

Yes, there seems to be a crazy bidding frenzy going on or people trying to sell the used buggies for the same price they paid for them new! I have looked on gumtree but had no response from the people i've contacted which makes me think they're timewasters and not serious sellers. I guess my quest continues...!

Coveredinweetabix Tue 04-Feb-14 23:51:17

Some people still use more traditional sales methods like the local newspaper. We have got some bargains this way. Remember if you buy new it should come with a warranty which you probably won't get if second hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now