Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do you love your bugaboo? Was it worth the money?

(22 Posts)
Flumpy2012 Sat 18-Jan-14 21:47:00

Hello,
I've had a bebe comfort loola that was donated to us but sadly hasn't lasted and a mothercare my4 which we've had less than a year, on the second chassis and mothercare are now totally refunding us and will help towards a new pushchair. DD is 13 mo and we are planning at least one more. We ideally want something that will take maxi cosi carseat with adaptors. Also has to be stocked by mothercare to get money off.
Today we looked at the orb, the oyster and the bugaboo buffalo.
We love the bugaboo and I'm happy to invest with the hope it would last a second child but I'd like some views of them. Good, bad? And breakages? Do they repair for you within a year? Good resale value??
TIA for all opinions

DetentionExtension Sat 18-Jan-14 21:49:07

If I had my time again, I'd go for a baby Jogger City Mini and not bother with the massive pram business.

I can't comment on the specific models but I know lots of people v happy with their Bugaboos. They always look a bit low to me!

cleoowen Sat 18-Jan-14 21:52:19

Love my bugaboo and had for 13 ms. You can tell its good quality and I like the look of it. It's easy to put up/ down IMO. I expect it to last for another child too.

However, it is quite big and takes up a lot of boot space. The separate chair/ buggy bit can be a bit cumbersome to put together and it's big, we have brought a normal push chair now to chuck in the boot for shorter outings and if we've got lots of stuff to pack.

TakingTheStairs Sat 18-Jan-14 21:52:33

I have the buffalo. The bassinet sits 15cm higher than the cameleon and doesn't feel low. This was one of the main reasons we went for it as I have a bad back and didn't want to hurt it bending over a low pram

The buffalo is a dream. Sturdy and safe feeling but very easy to manoeuvre and push. Foam filled tyres too so no punctures.

ChangedMyMind Sat 18-Jan-14 21:55:29

What is your lifestyle? How about a bee?

Very happy with my bugaboo but I only ever bought 2nd hand.

Flumpy2012 Sat 18-Jan-14 21:57:06

Thank you.
Taking the stairs - is there anything you don't like? Anything that's tricky?

I really really love it but I want to make an informed discussion.

I also like that its higher than the chameleon

X

I have an old frog, the little wheels at the front are useless imo and I think the Cam is pretty similar? Had a shot of the Buffalo in JL and it seemed brilliant though.

Patilla Sat 18-Jan-14 21:59:00

Love love love my chameleon.

Had a techno xt with ds. Prided myself on practicality and value.

Splashed out on bugaboo with DD. it's fantastic. Feels very luxurious.

Never planned on getting one until I tried it and fell in
Love. I don't care if it seems big, it doesn't look that much bigger next to most pushchairs i see out and about. It pushes like a dream the big wheels have been invaluable
On rough ground and It just works.

A joy.

Flumpy2012 Sat 18-Jan-14 21:59:22

Changemymind - I'm afraid I don't like the small wheels of the bee, we live in the countryside with lots of different terrain and holiday regularly in the uk so pebble beaches and grass etc. it will get put up and down a lot as we're in an out and about a lot. Shops, picnics, walks, going to the beach etc

CookieLady Sat 18-Jan-14 22:02:46

I absolutely love my bugaboo bee!!! It's worth the money.

CookieLady Sat 18-Jan-14 22:03:21

Oops cross posts.

Shmack Sat 18-Jan-14 22:03:27

I off-road with my chameleon all the time I love is DS loves it and so does the dog as she gets to go on longer muddier walks
It's easy enough to put up and down just make sure you have a big boot or else the wheels have to come off! But I wouldn't be without mine

ChangedMyMind Sat 18-Jan-14 22:04:35

You def don't want a bee then, sounds like a 3 wheeler may be better still though?

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sun 19-Jan-14 15:06:11

I have a Bee and love it! (I know you don't want a Bee).

5madthings Sun 19-Jan-14 15:09:40

have a bugaboo frog. got it when ds2 was a baby and used it for four children. love it and its withstood a battering.

have still got it just incase we have a number 6!

Flumpy2012 Sun 19-Jan-14 19:14:53

Thank you all. Really good to know.
It's the buffalo were after and I've yet to hear anything bad - other than the obvious price!
But I think sometimes you get what you pay for

SJBean Sun 19-Jan-14 19:50:59

I think it's a case of you get what you pay for! If you're planning on an age gap of 2.5yrs or less is it worth considering the donkey? Using it in single mode at the moment and it's fab

Flumpy2012 Mon 20-Jan-14 15:10:38

Hello!
Now my question is.... How do I get money off? If at all possible.

It's £859 everywhere. Pretty pricey. Have a total of £389 towards it from previous pram and vouchers. Any discount codes etc? Found one but not valid on bugaboos

Planning on age gap of at least 2.5 years so hope buggy board will suffice xx

TakingTheStairs Wed 22-Jan-14 15:56:37

Sorry it took me so long to come back to you Flumpy. The only thing that annoys me about it is the rain cover which was tricky until you get the hang of it, but apart from that it's great. The pavements where we live can be very uneven and it takes to them like a dream. It's also equally good at walks on our local common. No issues over uneven ground or through thick mud.

Linguaphile Fri 24-Jan-14 11:18:56

Hi Flumpy,have you tried finding one used? We got our donkey for half the price of a new one on Gumtree just a few months after it came out. I'd have a look just to see!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 24-Jan-14 11:25:10

I have a chameleon, it has lasted 5.5 years of use and with a good clean would probably last another five.

We've had to replace one or two small parts, but found them very easy and cheap to get hold of.

I am the only person I know in RL who has only had one pram/pushchair. Everyone else I know who bought other things, has ended up buying 2 or 3 more buggies.

shelley72 Fri 24-Jan-14 11:28:15

Have a bugaboo cameleon. Had it for six years, now on child number three. We did lots of looking when we were first expecting a baby. Still looks fab, have never had / needed another buggy, have age gaps of about 3 years between each dc. It's been on snow, sand, through muddy fields and is fine. The only thing about it that does annoy me is taking it apart to put in boot of car - but that's more because there is so much child related crap in our car its a struggle to get everything in.

The best £700 my mum ever spent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now