Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Chunky off road tyres?

(3 Posts)
Wigglemunch Fri 17-Jan-14 23:20:29

Hi all, after many punctures in the wheels of my quinny buzz I'm looking at getting some chunky off road tyres (specifically these http://www.oybcycles.com/Item/Quinny-Buzz-Knobbly-Tyres), but I'm curious as to how they will affect the ride when on the street, we do a lot of dog walking but I want to keep the nice smooth ride it currently has when on pavement.

My other half thinks it will make the ride rumbly / bumpy, does anyone have any experience using these types of tyres? What are they like for street use?

Thanks!

ReadingRose Fri 17-Jan-14 23:33:24

Puncture resistant inner tubes will also help. I upgraded to these following numerous dog walking punctures and haven't had a problem since

MissRainbowBrite Sat 18-Jan-14 15:34:37

Have you got slime in the tyres you already have? If not, it's about £5 from your local bike shop. It works a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now