Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Phil & Teds Sport - are any other doubles kits compatible?

(2 Posts)
hypnotisingchickens Mon 13-Jan-14 20:46:51

I recently inherited a Phil and teds sport which is great and in pretty good nick. DS2 is due any day, and I need to get my hands on a doubles kit, but I've discovered that second hand ones are as rare as hens teeth! I can get a new one from the official P&T website but they are pretty pricey. Does anyone have any idea if any of the doubles kits for the other models would be compatible with the sport pushchair?

MiaowTheCat Tue 14-Jan-14 07:22:24

I used to have an Explorer and I believe the Sport and Hammerhead doubles kits fitted on that - so the reverse should be true (however the Explorer second seat has no recline at all). Looking at the fixings on it, my current ancient E3 looks the same (I prefer it to my previous Explorer - it's much lighter) - but again, it's a seat with no recline (doesn't bother my pair of kids who aren't picky about where they'll sleep when the mood takes them).

You might be best off asking on the P+T facebook page - there are usually people on there who've used various strange combinations of buggies and seats - might also be worth looking second hand for really battered buggies that you could plunder the second seat off? (I know there's one keeps on cropping up for sale around here where the main pushchair is so wrecked no one's touching it - but the second seat is in decent condition)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now