Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

How to I lock the front wheels on a Maclaren Quest?

(4 Posts)
bumbleumble Sun 12-Jan-14 15:22:44

Hi, I have been kindly given a second-hand Maclaren Quest buggy from 2011. Everything is working fine, except I can't figure out how to lock the front wheels.

I looked at the operating manual which seemed to suggest pushing down on the horizontal plastic circular disk that is placed between the two wheel halves on each side. But I've been pushing as hard as I can and nothing happens!

Can anyone advise?

Off the top of my head, you either pull them up (but this May be the Chicco I'm thinking of!)

or when you push them down the wheel has to be tucked behin iykwim and perfectly straight

But what I do remember is that the constantly unlock themselves anyway...the wheels are naff!

ThisIsMeNow Fri 17-Jan-14 07:58:03

Yes you push them down but as p&p said, need the wheels lined up perfectly straight behind them.

AliceMum09 Fri 17-Jan-14 14:16:41

Yes, I agree with the other replies - you have to get the wheels properly lined up before you attempt to push the plastic circular disk, and they tend to unlock themselves most of the time anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now