Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo bee crotch strap too short- solved!

(7 Posts)
lucyppppppp Sat 11-Jan-14 08:57:27

I've noticed a lot of posts on a too short crotch strap on the bugaboo bee, but I have solved it! I basically took the fabric off to expose the back of the pram where the harness loops in and out, and it's all about lengthening the shoulders and feeding the length back to the leg section where the clips are, NOTHING to do with the crotch strap itself. If anyone would like more detail then please let me know!

Isisizzie Sat 11-Jan-14 09:16:24

I would like to know more please. Is this for the bee plus? How did you do it?

Nin5 Sun 16-Mar-14 22:14:46

Hello, I hope it's not too late to find out the secret please?!

evelynj Sat 20-Dec-14 21:26:21

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? It's totally rubbish on my 17 month old. She is chunky but the crotch strap is way too short. Everything else great. I have the cameleon & it's fab with a much longer crotch strap.

When I put the shoulder straps to max length it just allows her to take her arms out ;s

If anyone has an answer that doesn't involve cutting the strap & sewing an extra bit on, please let me know - I've read all the other threads & someone mentioned a clip passage harness - is that the reins? Would that really work? I feel traumatised

NishyM Mon 22-Dec-14 15:05:21

Hey Lucy, I had the same problem with my Raspberry and ICandy sent me a replacement completely free with instructions of how to fit it, was very easy to fix in no time. Have you tried asking Bugaboo directly?

Katiebeau Mon 22-Dec-14 15:15:17

You can lengthen the crotch strap on the original Bee but it's not obvious. Tug a bit and you will see two line and a single line I think. Fiddle about. It can be done!

evelynj Tue 23-Dec-14 15:41:12

Ah, I have the bee plus & at full length it's still rubbish. I think I will have to fashion a home made effort to sort the problem. Boo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now