Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Icandy raspberry question

(6 Posts)
IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Thu 09-Jan-14 18:20:43

Hello

I've just been looking over the threads about the icandy raspberry and was wondering if I could pick your brains about it Tiggywunkle?

I noticed you said the raspberry does everything the Bugaboo Bee does but better - why is this? Do you mean icandy in general are more user-friendly than Bugaboo or that the raspberry will have more features?

I'm looking to get a new smaller pushchair and am waiting for the raspberry to come out before I make a choice (although my partner says he does not like the look of either of these and would prefer a city mini).

Tiggywunkle Sat 11-Jan-14 00:35:51

Waves

The Bugaboo Bee is a fab pushchair - great quality, light, easy fold etc. But it IMHO has some niggles - namely having one wheel off the ground when cornering or going up hill, trying to unfold parent facing without falling over, trying to unfold parent facing with a footmuff on, the seart turn around is a bit niggly and a few other bits. The Bee also is quite deep when folded (which can take people by surprise). However nothing else has really come close to the Bee for a lightweight parent facing pushchair, so the Bee has more or less had a unique position in the market.
The Raspberry IMHO takes some of the niggles above, and resolves them. The Raspberry is solid - iCandy took time to show me how sturdy it was. Believe me I got the Raspberry down off the stand and had a go, so that I knew what it felt like. It is sturdy, and grounded which for me is a huge plus. The fold is very neat and easy. Its quite like the Cherry fold (but one piece with the seat on in either direction. I like that there is the enclosed storage space for a raincover, or valuables, and that the pushchair can be folded with items left in there. The Raspberry just seems to resolve some of my issues from what I can see. Until I actually get to use it IRL I wont know though. I have to say, I do like the Bugaboo sun canopies though smile
I can't wait to try a Raspberry out TBH.

K8eee Sat 11-Jan-14 04:15:48

Sorry to jump in in this even though you asked for a particular persons opinion, but I too have tried a bugaboo and have bought an icandy.

The Bee IMHO didn't look right, the frame just didn't suit me and dh, and in every shop we played with it in, the front wheels were wobbly. In john lewis they said its a design fault blush doesn't seem too good if every one we tried was like this. The icandy we bought is the apple 2 pear (just enough for one baby at the moment!) but it is at a great price of £595 as an anniversary package. This includes so much, and if bought seperate let, would be nearly double!!! I can't speak for the new raspberry one, but I may have a rummage on the internet and see what it's all about smile hope that's a bit of help anyway!

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sun 12-Jan-14 16:53:18

Thank you both that's really helpful. I'm glad the raspberry is a little sturdier, the bee does look a little flimsy, so it would make me happier using it with a newborn in the future.

I will wait until the raspberry is out then look at that together with the BJCM I think. I want to buy just one more pushchair (well, for this baby anyway) so want to avoid a mistake!

I am so indecisive, and feel really on the spot when looking I think I'll make a list of things I want to try- like folding the raspberry both ways.

Tiggywunkle Sun 12-Jan-14 23:34:05

The Raspberry is nearly the same when folded both ways:
Folded forward facing
Folded parent facing

MrsRV Wed 15-Jan-14 20:47:16

how much do we think the raspberry is going to be and when is it due for release? by the time I need a single lightweight pushchair again I feel excited about this one. will have to sell all the others to get my hands on one though... no way hubs will let me fork out AGAIN.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now