Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I have a polo

(19 Posts)
drinkyourmilk Tue 07-Jan-14 22:48:57

and therefore a very small boot. I can fit a petite star zia in, but not an umbrella type pushchair.
Does anyone know if there is another pushchair on the market that folds as compactly as the zia? Needs to be suitable for a baby 6 months old (and may be used by 3 year old when they are tired and I sling baby).

Clargo55 Wed 08-Jan-14 20:06:49

Bumping for you as I'm also interested smile

Have you tried a baby jogger city mini?
The double fitted in the back of my yaris.

If umberella fold is too long, you need to look for those which do whatever the other type of fold is, like the BJ and Zia. I think Mothercare have one that folds that way.

ShoeWhore Wed 08-Jan-14 20:13:20

I got an M&P Pliko Pramette into the boot of our polo.

I hated the pilko. Ditched it as soon as DS1 was big enough to go in a maclaran.

DeathMetalMum Wed 08-Jan-14 20:18:18

We hve a britax b-mobile, the rear wheels clip off easily so I have not had a problem fitting it in any car. I think it has fitted in my brothers polo at one point.

Ihateparties Wed 08-Jan-14 20:39:00

Ditto the bjcm double and yaris. But with the parcel shelf out. Parcel shelf in is harder. If we're talking reversible seats some janes will fit, the solo reverse,maybe the cross reverse. A bee would fit. As would the new loola.

If you're happy with forward facing then the red kite zumi is 52cm wide and 39cm deep, a bjcmgt is 62cm but flatter, a b agile is 58cm.. the maxi cosi noa folds small. The babyzen yoyo is teeny. There are plenty when you get down to it.

Clargo55 Wed 08-Jan-14 21:29:15

Does anyone know if an Icandy Peach would fit?

Ihateparties Wed 08-Jan-14 21:40:37

Probably if you remove rear wheels.

ShoeWhore Wed 08-Jan-14 21:41:16

Each to their own addicted - I loved it.

drinkyourmilk Wed 08-Jan-14 23:07:29

Thanks everyone. I'm going to have a play with some of these on sat.

MiaowTheCat Thu 09-Jan-14 07:25:04

Would something like an iCandy Cherry fit? I remember mine having a very small fold and the two part aspect of it meant if needs be you could always slot the seat unit down in a footwell or alongside the chassis if needed.

KatAndKit Sat 18-Jan-14 21:51:04

I can get an urbo in my polo with the parcel shelf on. Have to remove bumper bar but that's not a big deal. Still have room for some shopping bags.

KiwiBanana Mon 20-Jan-14 15:47:20

Good question! I've had a maclaren techno XT in mine that fit if you put it in a certain way. Now dc2 is on the way I need something more babyish.
Been looking at the graco evo but have yet to try it out.

SqutterNutBaush Mon 20-Jan-14 15:49:55

Quinny Zapp Xtra

GirlWithTheDirtyShirt Mon 20-Jan-14 15:51:22

We have an Oyster and it fits easily in our Seat Ibiza which I thought was v similar size wise to the Polo.

MrsCharlesBrandon Mon 20-Jan-14 15:51:31

I managed to get an Inglesina Zippy in the boot of a Peugeot 106 that i was given as a loan car. Nothing else would fit in though!

dannydyerismydad Mon 20-Jan-14 15:55:56

The lady across the road from me manages to get a bugaboo chameleon in her polo, somehow.

An icandy Cherry fits into the boot of my Mini, so a Polo should be no bother.

I fit out Maclaren Techno XLR in ours but only at an angle which meant it was difficult to put much else in the boot at the same time. It was one of the reasons we went for an estate when we switched cars as the Polo boot just wasn't big enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now