Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy Pitstop - has anyone used this buggy repair service?

(8 Posts)
ilovevenice Sun 08-Dec-13 23:45:23

Link here
We have a Bugaboo Cameleon that I'd like to sell, but there is a problem with the handle when folding which I think would probably be fairly simple to repair. Has anyone tried these guys? Or know any good alternatives - we are in west London?

stickybean Sun 08-Dec-13 23:57:05

Yes, for a bugaboo chameleon as well. It was about to be used on my 4th baby and was very tired looking and a bit wonky. If was worth every single penny. If came back looking brand new. I wouldn't hesitate to use them againsmile

ilovevenice Mon 09-Dec-13 00:19:12

Really useful - thank you! Yes, we are definitely on the wonky side post 3 babies... Did you do the full service?

stickybean Mon 09-Dec-13 13:47:13

Yes, the full package. It really looked brand new.

ilovevenice Mon 09-Dec-13 15:00:00

Thank you - we are booked in! smile

vickymuswell Tue 04-Feb-14 13:31:21

agghh guess it is too late... but I would avoid this company if you can. They push expensive and un necessary valets, they have awful customer service and didn't fix the problem I had brought it into buggy pitstop initially for. Yuk!

littleducks Tue 04-Feb-14 13:45:03

I had a good experience about 2/3 weeks ago, I took it in myself so no idea about the courier pick up/drop off service.

I had a valet on an old maclaren and it was a good job. Handles felt squeaky clean.

They fixed a buckle on my P&T, this was very expensive. I paid £30 labour but wasnt expecting the parts (a rod and a small half buckle) to cost £35....this is more down to P&T I suppose.

Umlauf Tue 04-Feb-14 13:51:07

I had an awful experience with this company over Christmas, I would avoid if you can. Not just the initial mistake, which I forgive, we all make mistakes, but the complete lack of apology and willingness to own it after.

They used the wrong parts on our bugaboo, called us liars, said we didn't know our left from our right (wtf?!) and refused to accept it back. When we returned bits to them they denied they had arrived until confronted with their own signatures on the tracking info. They then refused to refund, so I had to claim via my cc.

Awful!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now