Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Please help me before it become a pushchair addict!

(8 Posts)
flippyflippers Fri 08-Nov-13 22:45:31

Can anyone recommend a good pushchair for me? I have an out n about nipper double which I love but ds doesn't need a pushchair any more. I have a m&p pliko and a quinny zapp (ok and a britax stroller) singles but none of them are easy to steer one handed while holding ds's hand. Dd is 10 months but will be tall (98th centile) so I need something that will last until she is a long tall toddler! My budget isn't huge. Thanks in advance smile

IdreamofFairies Fri 08-Nov-13 22:51:52

what about the single nipper if you love the double. its light and great to push one handed. the fold is a pita i think but otherwise its great. the older ones go for pennies these days

flippyflippers Fri 08-Nov-13 23:02:05

Thanks fairies do you mean ebay etc? I bought a second hand buzz recently and I'm really disappointed with it (brake doesn't work any more, doesn't steer round corners unless you lean on the bar to lift the front wheel off the ground) so I'm worried about not buying new. The nipper new is not that cheap by the time you've bought the shopping basket separately and filled the tyres with slime (always getting punctures around here otherwise). Wondered if there might be a cheaper alternative!

Tiggywunkle Fri 08-Nov-13 23:16:56

A Nipper, or a BJCM4 or a B-Agile, or a Graco Evo Mini??

flippyflippers Fri 08-Nov-13 23:24:55

Thanks tiggy looking them up...

IdreamofFairies Fri 08-Nov-13 23:35:53

yes e bay or face book groups which can be better for peace of mind. there were some places that still had stock of the slightly older nippers which work out to be really good value for money

cupoftchai Sat 09-Nov-13 10:07:30

Too late love, u r already a pushchair addict if u come here... But let me enable u. Want to say don't be put off by bad second hand experience. I have hand me down nipper and it seems very hardwearing. Hard to see what could go wrong! For example mine has Been through 2 children before us (main pushchair- 4yr age gap) then 18mths so far of us. There's a little bit more give in the chassis than there was and we had to replace the drawstring in the basket. But you'll know from your double that they r sturdy.

MiaowTheCat Sat 09-Nov-13 10:33:37

Similar situation and I'm 99.9% sure I'm picking up a single Nipper to complement my double Nipper when I get the spare cash - need something I can push one handed while wrangling a walking toddler and since I can do that with the double - I'm sure the single will be as good on that regard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now