Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Babystyle oyster seat unit

(14 Posts)
me2013 Fri 08-Nov-13 21:09:07

I have the babystyle oyster which I use with britax car seat but lately my baby seems to hate it in her car seat so was looking at using seat unit but they say from 6 months I have the carrycot but putting this in car is no good as theres no room has anyone used seat unit early

how old?

me2013 Fri 08-Nov-13 22:21:58

Babys 10 weeks

Tiggywunkle Fri 08-Nov-13 23:18:00

TBH I would be buying a carrycot. You still have a lot of weeks use left from one and it would be better for the development of your LO to be laid flat rather than in a car seat or a seat unit too soon.

me2013 Fri 08-Nov-13 23:38:02

Still using carrycot it's just on odd days when I'm going town or somewhere and as she been screaming in car seat don't really want to try shopping with her in it and can't put carrycot in car as no room

Rockchick1984 Fri 08-Nov-13 23:52:51

Can't you put the carrycot on the back seat and frame in the boot, or the other way around? The oyster seat really isn't suitable at such a tiny age, you could cause her problems with her spine.

me2013 Sat 09-Nov-13 02:10:25

No as I don't really have a boot as I have a zafira so frame only just fits in the little boot

too small I'd say.
but my 10 week old likes to cry around the shops often in the carrycot. I think it is just what babies do. she likes a good walk otherwise - its just shopping!

me2013 Sat 09-Nov-13 11:30:14

Worried about nothing went shopping with baby in car seat wasn't long but she slept right through not even a wine for her dummie this time

nancerama Sat 09-Nov-13 11:52:39

Some days DS just didn't like his car seat or carrycot. I used to take a soft Moby sling with me and carry him if he wanted to be close to me.

KatAndKit Sat 09-Nov-13 11:56:44

Can you get a little umbrella fold pushchair that lies fully flat? It will come in handy when you go on holidays in future. Then use the oyster seat from six months and carry on using carry cot when you aren't going in your car.

me2013 Sat 09-Nov-13 15:32:17

I've looked at a smaller pushchair for car but don't really like any and want baby facing me and most small pushchairs don't have this option.

PhiePhyPhoPhum Sun 10-Nov-13 21:40:49

Did you get the head hugger with your oyster? My dd went into the seat unit at 12 weeks as she screamed in the carrycot because she couldn't see what was going on, put it facing you & lay it as far back as you can with the head hugger in, it took some fiddling about but I finally managed to sort it all out & dd loves being able to look around now! HTH

me2013 Sun 10-Nov-13 22:45:17

Yes got a head hugger for seat thanks I will try that next time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now