Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Retro buggy love

(4 Posts)
cupoftchai Wed 06-Nov-13 20:25:54

My dh has dug out the pushchair used for him when he was a babba. It's an old style blue and white striped maclaren. No recline, no basket, quite low but wow it weighs about 3kg and folds into nothing.

And dd loves pushing it half way down the street before hopping in for a ride.
Love it! Why do they not make them this way now?

I'm very glad dh didn't listen to me when I was preg and appalled at the idea of letting anything that unpadded near my little one!

Tiggywunkle Sat 09-Nov-13 00:37:26

If its an original, then its probably worth a small fortune! Look after it!

cupoftchai Sat 09-Nov-13 12:40:45

eek, I hadn't thought of that! more worried about other children thinking it is a toy buggy at the park and ensuing meltdown from dd. But i have just been having a google and they don't seem to come up at all online - one on ebay from yonks ago but doesn't look like it sold (£35 starting price).

well I like it and shall carry on using it. Might see if I can do anything to make a five point harness, or do you suppose if I am just careful and watch out for her wriggling, it'll be ok?

cupoftchai Fri 15-Nov-13 20:28:27

Had to share - I've just fitted the hood from my mamas and papas kato buggy which clips on perfectly. Hood and raincover voila! DH said immediately i should post the pic on mumsnet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now