Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo chameleon which colour? And where to buy?

(8 Posts)
Panda11 Tue 22-Oct-13 08:46:08

Hi, I think I am 90% going to get a chameleon still considering the Icandy apple though. Does anyone have the grey base and or the off white? None of the shops I have been too have this colour way? Would it be a nightmare to keep clean am I better will all black? And also where to buy am normally a John Lewis shopper but mothercare have a deal with the car seat saving £90 ish pound is there after sales service any good? Or are they a nightmare? I know John lewis will store till I need it and the warranty won't start until baby arrives with them? All advice would be really helpful!

Isisizzie Wed 23-Oct-13 10:08:23

Mothercare will store it as well. You get a 2 year guarantee starting from when baby comes. After sales is good from my experience.

Panda11 Wed 23-Oct-13 13:59:55

Thanks that's useful smile

whitewineforme Wed 23-Oct-13 17:09:42

I like that colour combination but when I've looked at other people's off white hoods they do seem to get a bit grubby! I'm sure if you're careful though and wash the fabrics every so often then you'll be fine. I have only ever bought pushchairs from John Lewis as their customer service is excellent, have never heard anything bad. I don't know much about Mothercare's customer service but the free car seat seems like a good deal.

PoppyAmex Wed 23-Oct-13 17:13:27

I have the all black one (bought at Selfridges) and you can only tell it's grubby if you look really closely. Big plus IMO, especially because I live in rural Scotland and mud abounds grin

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 23-Oct-13 17:14:37

I got mine from John Lewis. I found mothercare's service lacking. Will John Lewis price match for you?

Panda11 Wed 23-Oct-13 20:58:39

Thanks everyone John Lewis were brill this morning and price matched to an online bundle I had found so got the maxi cosi car seat, car seat adapters and bugaboo for £799. Went for the white as it was my favourite and will see how we go! One happy mum to be smile

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 24-Oct-13 08:42:09

You might be able to get replacement fabric on ebay later if you find the white hard to clean. I have red and I love it. Managed to find a fairly new matching red footmuff on ebay. If you are looking at second hand, make sure the accessories come from another cameleon. The first footmuff I got from ebay belonged to a bee and the owner said it might fit a cameleon. Ofc it didn't because the holes for the straps are at the wrong places. Learned my lessons though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now