Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Potentially very stupid question about Phil & Teds Sport

(4 Posts)
hypnotisingchickens Mon 21-Oct-13 20:53:35

My hormone riddled pregnant brain is being utterly baffled, please help! confused
I bought a second hand Phil & Teds Sport, without a doubles kit. Toddler loves it, so will be perfect when DC2 comes along. I want to get a cocoon for the newborn - do I need to get the doubles kit and seat to be able to attach it underneath, or just the connectors and elbows (are they even called elbows?!) I don't want to end up buying loads of different bits only to end up with far too many permutations of seating!

Ihateparties Mon 21-Oct-13 22:23:31

Doubles kit yes, you need the second seat to attach on the top. Then the newborn lying flat in the main seat in the cocoon...

<looks sideways at sport in bits on dining room floor>

.... I believe you will need the elbow bits to attach the second seat on the top but I have no clue if they come with the doubles kit or not.

MiaowTheCat Tue 22-Oct-13 08:42:10

You need the elbow bit and the doubles seat... doubles seat goes on top and appears to be the "main" pushchair seat while the proper pushchair seat reclines fully underneath with the cocoon in. Be warned it makes the handling of the buggy feel a bit crapper than it does in "normal" mode - and it also lifts the toddler right up to lift button, pedestrian crossing button etc pressing height (which DD1 loved)!

RaspberrysAndIcecream Tue 29-Oct-13 18:33:44

I'm pretty sure the "elbow" bits come with the doubles kit.
You'll need a double raincover as well - it then stretches right over both seats when the double seat is on the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now