Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Peach 2 - wedge?

(3 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Mon 21-Oct-13 13:50:03

If I got an iCandy Peach 2, I know that the seat is suitable from 6 months. For occasional use, would the Stokke newborn wedge (or similar) be ok to use instead of the carry cot?

DS rarely uses the pushchair now unless we are out all day, so am thinking that in these circumstances I could use a wedge instead of carry cot then just remove it if he needed to go in the pram, and pop baby in a sling. Would use carry cot if I knew he wouldn't need the pram.

Would this work and be safe?

Ihateparties Mon 21-Oct-13 14:58:16

I used a stokke wedge in a peach 1, the upper seat is identical. Dd was 3mo tho, not newborn and as you describe it wasn't all day every day. It has the benefit of being pretty simple and quick to remove, only the shoulder straps thread through it. I have a surf newborn wedge here and imo it's miles better for a newborn, genuinely flat, has a rigid plastic board in, all 5 point of the harness thread through. But it would be way more of a faff to remove though so I'm not sure that would be as good for what you want. Apparently britax first class carseat inserts are also good for this purpose.

I think there might be a pic of the stokke wedge in the peach on my profile if you want to see.

Rockchick1984 Mon 21-Oct-13 17:50:19

Thankyou, thinking I may go to somewhere that sells both stokke and icandy (and possibly silver cross!) and try the wedges to see what I think. It looks fine on your pic but like you say, it's very different with a newborn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now