Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Single recommendations?

(4 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Sat 19-Oct-13 13:22:19

DD1 has FINALLY got the memo about walking, and I'm out more and more with her on foot and her sister in the pushchair (plus I quite often am out with one or the other and not both - since I find it nice to make sure they both get one on one time). Only single buggy we have left is a knackered Koochi stroller with a warped as hell frame (I was using it as a crutch substitute a lot when I had SPD) buried under about four inches of dog walking mud. Plus - well it's probably my last chance for having an excuse for pushchair shopping!

Sooo... considering a single for short trips with either one of the gruesome twosome or the toddler walking (ain't daft - keeping my Nipper for anything lengthy or where toddler containment may be required).

Priorities are - must be properly pushable one-handed (I don't mean just guiding it in one straight line but able to steer it as well), sensibly priced, suitable for kids on a very high centile (DD2 is over 98th centile in height - in 12-18 month clothes at 7 months old)... possible taking a buggy board but I'm not 100% sure I even want to bother with one of them. Sensibly priced as well. Not bothered about parent facing or lying fully flat - both my kids are nutters who sleep better in buggies sitting up!

I'm currently veering toward a Nipper single since I can push the double one handed while carrying a toddler crossing roads and the like - but any possibilities I might have missed that stand out?

Ihateparties Sat 19-Oct-13 16:05:56

I just got a red kite zumi and apart from monumentally awful fabric on the hood I have yet to find fault with it (which is vaguely unheard of). One handed push at all times, has buggyboard on (obvs manual says not to Add one but that's nothing unusual), easy compact fold, light (7.1kg with extra basket and buggboard connectors on), narrow at 52cm, biggish wheels 22cm rear ones, suspension on front wheel. Little over a hundred new.

I have been looking for a long time for one pushchair that does everything I need it to, this one meets my brief completely thus far. 102cm 16kg 3y8m old dc2 rode this afternoon for a while, it was still a one handed push. In terms of height she is about at the limit so your dd2 on the 98th centile would be on the cusp of outgrowing it at exactly 3. I had a v1 nipper years ago, I can't remember how tall the seat is to compare.

All that is pointless if you want air tyres but i am loving it. I recall you liked your cherry, I had a cherry a few years back and this has a similar light feel in folding, lifting and pushing. Quality not the same - different budget level so to be expected.

humphryscorner Sat 19-Oct-13 16:10:57

Stokee explory is the easiest to push with one hand. There is a central bar that the seat sits on it and it's so easy to do a 180 degree.
I regularly hold dd2 in my arm and push pram < my dgm loves it too as she can push it with her arthritic wrists!!>>

You can also get a step that your dd1 can stand on when tired.

Love it.

humphryscorner Sat 19-Oct-13 16:12:33

Dd2 is 91 % centile with height and weight, plenty of room

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now