Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Footmuff, Stay put blanket ( or neither! ) for a 17 month old?

(6 Posts)
Cydonia Fri 18-Oct-13 21:26:14

Hi, just wondering what people use for older children in the winter months? I have a buggy snuggle on my B Smart that I used last year, and seems to still have a bit of leg room, but am now looking for something to go on my Maclaren. I tried a Mamas & Papas footmuff but the foot bit seemed quite low down and DS kept getting his feet out of the top!

So I was thinking of maybe a liner and some sort of stay put blanket? Are they any good? DS not walking much yet, but thinking that when he is a blanket might be easier than putting him and his muddy feet in and out of a foot muff. Or should I just shove him in a snowsuit?!

Tiggywunkle Sat 19-Oct-13 00:08:28

I got a stay put blanket last year and its been excellent. I also now have some Clair de Lune pushchair snugs which are very similar. I have bought a bundlebean to try too! You may well find your son will change as he gets older and keep his feet in more or conversely get more muddy. A buggysnuggle which can be zipped high up may be better at the age he is now though. Tough one to call though because my son can kick certain blankets etc off but not others!

Cydonia Sat 19-Oct-13 21:34:01

Thanks Tiggy, I'll have a look at the Clair de lune ones. I guess it's trial and error. I must admit, the buggy snuggle is working well at the moment and you can get an eBay bargain with those too!

Cydonia Sat 19-Oct-13 22:28:15

The bundle beans look fab too, think I'll try one of those smile

MiaowTheCat Sun 20-Oct-13 08:36:21

I have a mothercare generic footmuff for my very tall (she's more the size of an average 3 year old) 18 month old. I think it'll just about eek out this winter with it provided she doesn't have a growth spurt, but I won't get much more than that out of it and next year she's just gonna have to learn to stop taking her bloody shoes off or get cold feet!

Abi88 Wed 23-Oct-13 18:59:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now