Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

help!!

(12 Posts)
mosforr Sun 13-Oct-13 21:01:22

Hi,

Was wondering if could pick your brains for help with pushchair.

We have a slight restriction as it needs to fit maxi cosi pebble car seat. I bought this to use with quinny buzz but have found the quinny too heavy and wheels too wide. Happy to use adaptors to fit car seat.

Needs to be light and easy to use on public transport. Also, we want something reliable and that is compact when folded.

Our baby is 4 weeks so need something suitable for her now. Ideally something that is good value for money, after spending on a quinny that we really can't get along with we don't want to spend another fortune on something else we don't like.

Please give any help/advice, all appreciated.

Cheers!!

CalculatorCalender Sun 13-Oct-13 21:02:57

Bjcm!!

RandomMess Sun 13-Oct-13 21:03:52

Hmm quinny zapp extra?

Speedi is better though

Have to agree I hated the buzz!!!

RandomMess Sun 13-Oct-13 21:07:39

2nd hand bee?

Ihateparties Sun 13-Oct-13 21:11:35

The city mini is great but it's 62cm wide, if width is an issue you would need to be sure you can accomodate that.

The britax b agile is similar, reliable and 58cm wide. Both the b agile and city mini have carrycot options but don't parent face beyond that stage. I also keep looking at this, the price is excellent and maxi cosi adaptors come with it. No reviews though nor have I seen it so an unknown ultimately. It's light and narrow at 52cm and approx 8kg.

If you want light and small for public transport plus parent facing seat then the obvious answer is the bugaboo bee. Not cheap however.

There are plenty more options really, depending on the other features you want. What I mean is there is a list as long as your arm of things smaller and lighter than the buzz, which is right for you depends on your list of priorities.

mosforr Sun 13-Oct-13 22:01:53

thank you!

Parent facing is important as ideally I would use the car seat infrequently.

It will mainly be city use, with little off road activity.

Trying to find other reviews of the red kite to get clearer picture of options.

Ihateparties Sun 13-Oct-13 23:27:45

Parent facing, lightweight and average size (58-60cm width for example) is relatively easy - graco evo, icandy cherry, bee, oyster etc. Soon there will be the oyster gem, which i loved but i don't know how soon it will be on sale or if you can wait for that.

There isn't a huge list of genuinely compact options, the bee, oyster gem and the petite star bubble if you're also looking at umbrella fold pushchairs. Definitely fits your brief in a general sense.

I don't think there are options with the red kite, only lie flat forward facing seat and maxi cosi. Asda have pictures of the seat upright and the carseat on here but it's not much to go on really.

mosforr Mon 14-Oct-13 03:51:42

Can I just ask does the evo fit maxi cosi? The lady in mother are said it couldn't which is why we discounted it!

So many options it is impossible-thank u for help!

mosforr Mon 14-Oct-13 03:52:31

PS. Seen mixed reviews for oyster? Any thoughts?

charlyn Mon 14-Oct-13 09:17:23

There's also the Mamas and Papas urbo, its compatible with the pebble, parent facing, lightweight and only 53cm wide.

Ihateparties Mon 14-Oct-13 12:32:53

Bah, forgot about that, no it probably doesn't take the maxi cosi.

I kind of agree with the mixed oyster review. So much that's good about it and things that may or may not be annoying enough for you to hate it. The seat neither sits fully upright nor fully flat. I found the ride really hard too even though in theory the suspension should be okay. I thought I would love it and didn't, it's worth a good look though. I heard from a retailer they quite often have issues/breakages but babystyle seem good about sorting things out.

mosforr Mon 14-Oct-13 15:55:49

Thanks for all your help, am going to have a good look and decide!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now