Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby Jogger Summit X3........ but not in black! Help!

(7 Posts)
DevonLulu Sat 05-Oct-13 19:31:29

After great debate, my DH and I have decided on the baby jogger Summit X3. The only trouble is that DH does not like the rather bland black/grey. Does anyone know where we can get one in the UK in a different colour? I have seen them on e-bay in orange and green but not sure if this is a sensible place to purchase, shipped from the USA.

Any help gratefully received,

Many thanks

Ihateparties Sat 05-Oct-13 20:24:46

Is it possible to buy the fabrics seperately as you can for the city mini? If so you could buy the pushchair in the uk for warranty purposes then get fabrics from elsewhere in a colour you like better. Or get a custom footmuff or liner made? I love black and grey <boring> because any footmuff/child's clothing looks fine against it.

Tiggywunkle Sun 06-Oct-13 21:28:25

Its perfectly fine for you to import a pushchair as long as you are aware it wont meet UK safety regulations - mainly not being fire retardant. It leaves you with a pushchair which you shouldnt resell in the UK at the end of use.
Have you considered buying a black Summit and then customising it with a funky liner, footmuff or even a custom made hood? Head over to the Facebook Baby Jogger Buy Sell Chat page and you will see loads of photos of 'pimped up' pushchairs. Custom makers like Snunkie and RoRo taggie etc make liners etc.

glorious Thu 10-Oct-13 09:45:38

You could ring Chariots, they sell a lot of them and are v helpful. They sold the last model in several colours so might be able to tell you why they only have black this year.

www.pushchairs.co.uk/acatalog/

Or have you thought about a Bob revolution SE? Very similar and more colours in the UK smile

Hannahwardy Thu 10-Oct-13 15:20:51

My husband had a similar opinion but we bought the black/grey one as it was the only option. He doesn't mind the colour now and it is more practical than a brightly coloured one. If we lived in a sunny all yr round climate then we would probably want a brightly coloured one but the reality is jogging here is often dirty, muddy and wet! Somehow you don't notice the dirt on a black one as much as on other colours! Hope that helps.

DevonLulu Fri 11-Oct-13 10:46:46

Very helpful everyone, thanks. I have talked him into the black one as I think it's the buggy for us. Endless winging did the trick!

glorious Sat 12-Oct-13 20:51:10

yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now