Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Are footmuffs too hot for the South East?

(10 Posts)
poppingin1 Fri 04-Oct-13 18:34:07

I have two pushchairs and use both equally. Last year I bought a BundleBean and love it, but have been passing it back and forth between the two pushchairs which can get annoying.

Now I don't want to have to keep passing the BB back and forth between the two pushchairs, and am thinking of buying a footmuff to fit my BJCMGT and just using my BB for my Maclaren (I live in London and don't drive so I need all these things grin).

Have had a look at Stay Put Blankets and the Kaiser Aktion. I'm now wondering if its possible for baby to be too warm in a Kaiser Aktion as London doesn't get as cold as other parts.

I know it sounds silly, but I just don't want to buy it and have an irritable and hot toddler.

girlywhirly Sat 05-Oct-13 16:16:37

I thought the beauty of the Kaiser is that you can just unzip it down the front, keeping the childs legs covered? The advantage is most footmuffs you need to peel back and/or zip off the top panel, which trails or gets in the way; the kaiser you just unzip and fold each side over. The other option is not to use a snowsuit on the child, just a lighter coat or something.

I would say that I have been in central London last winter and it was bitingly cold on some days. Also you are walking/pushing and keeping warm, the child isn't.

poppingin1 Sat 05-Oct-13 18:44:59

Someone answered, yaay! I thought it was a daft question blush

Yes some parts of London do get that cold, I hate walking around the Thames over the Winter.

I think that has settled it then, I will get the footmuff.

Thank you!

Tiggywunkle Sun 06-Oct-13 21:17:30

It can be just as cold down south at times as it can further north smile
Footmuffs all the way for me!

poppingin1 Mon 07-Oct-13 00:00:01

Thanks Tiggy! smile

I'm wondering if you have any wise words on which one to buy?

I am a little stuck now as I had settled on a Kaiser Iglu but am thinking it might be too bulky when I fold down my BJCMGT. I want one that is waterproof as I don't use the rain cover, or DD has a fit. Can I ask if you have any experience of the waterproof BuggySnuggles? I think this might be better to use than a Kaiser footmuff as it looks less bulky?

Tiggywunkle Wed 09-Oct-13 23:18:20

I havent had a waterproof buggysnuggle but I have a heap of normal buggysnuggles and would certainly recommend them. They tie onto the mesh at the back of the BJCMGT really well too.

poppingin1 Wed 09-Oct-13 23:37:20

Thank you again Tiggy. I actually ordered one one Monday but I still wanted your opinion as it is back ordered and I could cancel.

The weather just took a turn so really looking forward to it arriving smile

Gilb Tue 15-Oct-13 14:13:26

I would definitely buy a footmuff -it was freezing in London last year!!Take a look at Betty Bramble footmuffs - saw them at the baby show at the weekend and they are totally gorgeous. They tie on to the mesh on a baby jogger. Definitely worth a look ...

jammiedonut Tue 15-Oct-13 14:16:27

I've already got ds using his footmuff, much nicer than soggy blankets and means I don't have to whip off tons when we go in and out of the shops, I can just unzip

Tiggywunkle Tue 15-Oct-13 17:15:27

I have been looking at Betty Bramble footmuffs today as well. They look gorgeous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now