Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Please help me replace my hated Donkey

(7 Posts)
Blobby11 Thu 12-Sep-13 11:30:21

I spent most of my pregnancy researching doubles and thought I'd made the right choice with the Bugaboo Donkey but it's been a disaster.

DS1 is just 2 and DS2 is 10 weeks. We do a lot of walking so a double is essential and I don't like tandems. DS1 still naps. I use my car a few times a week and it's an estate so has a fairly large boot. I'm tall with short arms so need good handle height but also space so I don't kick the wheels

My donkey issues are
- DS1 can pull his hood off the frame which he does frequently and throws it in the road
- the harness is difficult to keep tight so DS1 keeps getting his arms out then leaning forward
- if I have DS1 facing me he can undo the handlebar length adjustment clips and if they're undone I can't move the buggy at all
- the raincovers are even tighter than the Cameleon and trying to fit two in the pouring rain is a nightmare particularly if DS1 decides to "help"
- whilst I knew it would take up most of the car boot I hadn't anticipated what a pain all the dismantling is

I am thinking of selling it and getting something else but I wonder if I'll find just as many niggles with other doubles

I'm tempted by the BJCM GT. Can anyone give me their thoughts on this? Also could I put DS2 straight into the seat? Would seem pointless getting a carrycot now

Or should I wait until DS2 is 6 months and get something else entirely?

I did like the look of the Mountain Buggy duet but I was worried about handle height and size when folded

Thanks

CruCru Fri 13-Sep-13 19:31:30

A friend has the GT and is super happy with it. Don't know whether the carrycot is still needed.

A lot of people rate the Nipper 360 on here but it is a very different buggy to the Donkey.

Alileigh Mon 16-Sep-13 12:41:21

Have you considered the Icandy peach blossom as they stack on top of each other rather than side by side? Very compact.

Tiggywunkle Mon 16-Sep-13 23:33:49

I think you will find the BJCMGT a breath of fresh air after the Donkey. I would recommend one. Yes, you can put DS2 straight onto the seat. I wouldn't wait - the BJCMGT is a thoroughly good pushchair. Much better than the Duet too.

Blobby11 Thu 19-Sep-13 22:54:07

Sorry been away. Thanks everyone for all your messages. Off to John Lewis at the weekend to have a look at the BJCMGT

LaVitaBellissima Thu 19-Sep-13 22:56:27

I loved my I candy peach blossom but once my twins turned two they were just too tall for it.

blossombath Thu 19-Sep-13 23:05:16

No double experience but we have a bjcm single, bought after borrowed travel system broke. DS was happy in seat from 8 weeks, though if you're worried you can get a graco soft carry cot to fit it. (Assume would fit double too as seats not that much smaller) Cheaper than the bj one, esp if bought from ebay where I think you can get new ones for a reasonable price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now