Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Out N About Nipper 360 - how do I tell which version?

(12 Posts)
extracrunchy Sun 01-Sep-13 17:28:36

We're considering buying a secondhand Out N About Nipper 360 but the owner isn't sure which version it is. It's definitely not the most recent one, but can anyone give me an idea of how to work out if it's v1 or v2??

HormonalHousewife Sun 01-Sep-13 17:29:49

Is it something to do with the front weel being fixed or swivels ?

gintastic Sun 01-Sep-13 17:35:08

Check whether its got a bumper bar thing. Mine is an old old nipper (v1 I think) and doesn't have this. I bought it 3.5 years ago. When next baby due, was buggy browsing in June 2012 and the next v2 was just out and it had the bumper bar on.

The ones with the fixed front wheel are even older than v1 I think...

Don't quote me on that, but I'm relatively confident. The v3 is the one that has just been released, I think?

HormonalHousewife Sun 01-Sep-13 17:37:17

Probably, gintastic speaks sense.

I am an old gimmer in pram terms as it was 6 years ago we bought it !!

HormonalHousewife Sun 01-Sep-13 17:37:46

Great pram though... Good choice !

gintastic Sun 01-Sep-13 17:44:25

Agree there, tis an excellent choice :-)

extracrunchy Sun 01-Sep-13 17:54:36

It seems to be exactly what we want!

Does the v2 have an adjustable handlebar? I think this one is fixed handlebar...

gintastic Sun 01-Sep-13 19:21:35

V1 is definitely fixed as that's what I have. Not sure about others.

extracrunchy Sun 01-Sep-13 20:41:04

Ooh does anyone know of a universal bumper bar that would fit the v1??

MiaowTheCat Thu 05-Sep-13 13:43:51

Get them to measure the back wheel axis - if it's 72cm it's a newer V2... if it's 77/76 cm it's an older V2 or V1. Having said that - I have a 77cm one and I've found only ONE place I can't get into... the local children's centre which is ridiculous really since it's a relatively new refit as well! I'm considering getting a V3 if they ever come into stock locally - purely since I fancy a purple one if I'm honest - but they're cracking buggies - I've actually sold my entire pushchair collection(ish) since I bought it.

The really really really old ones have a fixed wheel and the really really really really old ones are Instep branded and not Out and About. They're even lighter to push and lift!

Tiggywunkle Fri 06-Sep-13 15:56:06

V1 to V2

V1's have metal spoked wheels, a flatter basket (look at the newer versions with bucket baskets), and a fixed handlebar.

V2's have black spoked wheels, bumper bar and an adjustable handlebar - look for the round circles you press in to adjust on either side. They have the bucket basket (an optional accessory on all Nippers).

Both can have swivel wheels. The really old ones have fixed wheels. Only the last V2's have 72cm rear wheel widths.

MiaowTheCat Mon 09-Sep-13 08:29:29

Noticed yesterday that Mothercare have the V3 in if anyone's struggling to find one in the flesh to play with.

Looks like my V1 but that someone's shrunk it in the wash a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now