Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

best pram to buy

(6 Posts)
paulaj1984 Tue 27-Aug-13 16:26:56

help please i am pregnant with my first baby and struggling on best pram/ travel system options. I really want something that has a carrycot as i will be having a winter baby but also need something that copes well off road as i will be walking the dog every day on uneven bridal paths etc. i dont like 3 wheeler prams, need something with extendable handle as im 5ft2 and husband is 6ft3! also something that will fold small to fit in a ford ka boot and not break the bank! i love the babystyle oyster and mamas and papas sola but reviews i have read are scaring me.

SilverSixpence Tue 27-Aug-13 22:38:57

Have a look at the Mutsy igo - you can get air filled tyres for off road use, it folds v small, has an extending handlebar and comes with two choices of carrycot. I am a bit obsessed with it grin Only thing I don't love is the price but it seems to have better features than other pushchairs in similar price range.

MortifiedAdams Tue 27-Aug-13 22:41:11

I have the Maclaren Techno XLR. Lie flat stroller with extebdible handles (im 5'2, dh is 6'2). Compatable with recaro carseat and a carrycot.

My advice would be to go to Mothercare, M&P and John Lewis. Play with them all, try the carseats in your car and the pram.in your boot. Then go away and shop around online for the best deal.

Laststop Tue 27-Aug-13 22:44:30

City jogger

Twattybollocks Mon 02-Sep-13 17:05:56

Tbh you will struggle with getting an off roader in a ka boot. The city mini gt is fab and you can get a carrycot if you can forgive its 3 wheels. It doesn't look like a traditional 3 wheeler though, more of a city stroller with hidden talents!

mrsbeano Tue 03-Sep-13 14:41:49

You can get a baby jogger city mini with 4 wheels, not 3. The main problem is getting something to fit in your boot with air filled tyres as the off roaders are usually quite big and also often 3 wheelers.

How about a sling, followed by a backpack thingy? The mountain buggy/ out n about nipper are great but I expect they'd be too big.

Quinny Buzz?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now