Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best pushchair for 18 mth old

(6 Posts)
lucamom Sun 25-Aug-13 18:58:23

I'm looking for a comfy pushchair for my 18 mth old DD.

It's mainly for doing the school run, sometimes walking and other times going in car and needing pushchair for playground.

Car is large so space not a huge issue. I want it to be cosy and comfy, with some kind of bumper bar/tray so daughter can sit forward (but can also lay down at times if needed.

Am debating a 2nd hand mamas and papas pliko pramette or silver cross 3D or linear freeway, but would appreciate any suggestions or feedback on either of those.

SweepTheHalls England Sun 25-Aug-13 19:52:56

The pilko pramette is useless, really wouldn't recommend, however I love my Maclaren Techno XT that I swopped it for!

MortifiedAdams Sun 25-Aug-13 19:55:17

I have the Maclaren XLR and whilst it doesnt have a bar, it lays totally flat. DD has all her naps in it (21 mo)

I love it. Tbh we used it from.birth with the carrycot and carseat amd it makes a really good stroller for her at this age too. Its in great condition so will be reused for another dc.

Rockchick1984 Mon 26-Aug-13 10:01:20

Silver cross 3D also useless - insanely heavy to push, difficult to access shopping basket, and a tendency to go its own sweet way!

I still use a babystyle Oyster for DS (2.5) and that works really well for us - had to take the liner out around 18 months, have now slid the hood up a bit, but still growing room if we needed it.

BikeRunSki Brazil Mon 26-Aug-13 10:07:43

Nipper 360

FrussoHathor Mon 26-Aug-13 10:28:38

Linear freeway is good depending what you want from it. Can stear one handed with a larger child in, forward or parent facing, massive basket.
Wouldn't want to go off road with it though. As you will want the cozy toes/liner with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now