Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Sheepskin lined footmuff, recipe for disaster?

(30 Posts)
minipie Sun 25-Aug-13 16:00:57

I am terribly tempted by a Kaiser sheepskin lined footmuff for my Bee (pricey but semi justified on the basis that it does the job of both a sheepskin liner and a footmuff --and I want one dammit--)

But... I am guessing these sheepskin footmuffs can't just be bunged in the washing machine when they get grubby. My LO isn't walking yet but I presume that once they are walking any footmuff gets pretty grubby? so am I better off with a washable footmuff and a separate sheepskin liner if I want the sheepiness iyswim?

thanks!

minipie Fri 30-Aug-13 10:41:48

Ooh brilliant, thanks Aidan, I did wonder whether it might slip down (I was lent a bowron sheepskin which slips down badly and means dd always slumped) but your solution sounds like it would solve that.

scarlet5tyger Fri 30-Aug-13 17:17:04

shock I've got a handed down sheepskin footmuff and had no idea they were so expensive - I've been shoving it in the washing machine for years!! If It helps, nothing bad has happened to it from this...

aysecool Wed 08-Jan-14 12:31:48

Hi, I know this thread is very old but I am now looking for footmuff/liner. John Lewis can be use only as footmuff as i cannot see and zip around it from the picture on their site.

I will start using it from April. So, I prefer it to be flexible way both as a muff and liner.

TheNewShmoo Tue 04-Feb-14 16:56:01

I love the kaiser sheepskin footmuff- it zips up the middle which is simple genius, stops it from dangling all over the floor on one side and looking a general mess. And yes, something about children in sheepskin which is v pleasing to the public- always got commented on whilst the DD inside was generally ignored.

TheNewShmoo Tue 04-Feb-14 16:57:15

but a pain always having to de-boot DD...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now