Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Good, affordable buggy that works well with snow and ice?

(13 Posts)
BikeRunSki Fri 06-Sep-13 16:09:44

Nipper 360, bought it last November, used it all winter, snow, ice, whatever.

Tiggywunkle Fri 06-Sep-13 16:05:50

Don't laugh but my Stokke Xplory was actually better in snow last year than my Baby Jogger Versa GT. Yes it surprised me too!
The Nipper was pretty good too.

Dont just look at the wheels size, but also how low the rear axle is. I found some pushchairs got stuck here rather than at the front.

TruthSweet Thu 05-Sep-13 00:11:03

Emmaljungas are very good in the snow. I've pushed mine up a hill in the snow with a 3y sitting in it,a 4y on the buggy board and a toddler in a sling and it wasn't difficult.

They also come up on eBay/local ads for reasonable prices. I bought mine for £50.

forevergreek Sun 25-Aug-13 22:20:27

Cameleon with snow wheels or nipper v3

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 25-Aug-13 20:45:24

Just remembered that the push chair seat attachment isn't suitable until about 4 months, we used the carrycot (windoo) until then.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 25-Aug-13 20:44:16

Where do you live? Did you notice what other people used last winter?

We had a bebe confort High Trek for ds2 that coped well on our skiing holiday due to the fact that it has a lockable front wheel, but other than that I can't offer any advice.

fusspot66 Sun 25-Aug-13 20:43:59

Outnabout Nipper 360. Works on snow, rough ground, beaches. Reclines . Good hood. Great all rounder.

MortifiedAdams Sun 25-Aug-13 20:43:35
MortifiedAdams Sun 25-Aug-13 20:40:50

What about the great big three wheeler travel systems (Mothercare usualky have own branded ones) - they seem very robust.

CruCru Sun 25-Aug-13 20:39:37

My SIL said her P+T was the only pushchair that still worked in the snow. Probably > £300 but less on EBay?

HoneyDragon Sat 24-Aug-13 18:56:35

Used Britax Vigour. Mine once got through 13" off snow shock

Or

Invest in a Cameleon and buy snow tyres

ffsx2 Sat 24-Aug-13 18:52:39

None are great on snow or ice ime.
I would vote large solid tyres as best bet, like a 2nd hand silver cross.

Littleen Sat 24-Aug-13 18:50:19

So I'm due in the end of February, and where I live, there will be loads of snow and ice - there's snow and ice for 4-5 months a year, so I need a pushchair that is good and steady on such conditions! My budget is below £300, and I need one that will last for a while, a few years atleast I was thinking. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now