Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Slime Tube sealant

(7 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Mon 15-Jul-13 08:25:39

I took our wheels off and took them to the local bike shop who did it all for me, reinflated the tyres back to the right PSI and saved me farting on with a bike pump for something like a fiver a wheel.

Not as money saving - but saved me the stress and faff of either doing it myself or having DH get the entire contents of the shed out in order to do it for me (DH could get the entire contents of the shed out in order to change a lightbulb if I let him - he goes into DIY = man raaaahhhh tools manic mode)

gintastic Mon 15-Jul-13 08:25:36

Halfords did mine in my Nipper for free :-) no punctures in nearly 2 years!

ClairesTravellingCircus Mon 15-Jul-13 08:00:55

Thanks everyone, hopefully even I will manage!

gringrinHarriett, mine has an oldish lady at the counter!

HarrietSchulenberg Mon 15-Jul-13 00:58:18

Slime is great stuff, as is the cheaper Halfords version. Use a tool that you get with bike puncture repair kits to remove the inner valve, attach the slime tube, squeeze in, quickly replace valve then spin the wheel like mad to distribute round the tyre.
My visits to the bike shop for puncture repairs decreased dramatically after use. Which was a shame as the bike repair man was quite nice looking.

TerribleTantrums Mon 15-Jul-13 00:13:21

If you are going to put the slime in on a carpeted area then put down something to protect the carpet. If it spills it doesn't come out.

<taps side of nose> <pretends never to have done something that idiotic>

Tiggywunkle Mon 15-Jul-13 00:07:39

Slime is easy to put in. I can't remember all the ins and outs, but you have a small tool to remove the centre of the tyre valve with. You then squirt the slime into the valve and then replace the valve and pump the tyre back up again. I have had to do it a few times and its fine.

ClairesTravellingCircus Sun 14-Jul-13 11:14:39

I'm just about to purchase a new Double nipper, and I have often seen slime being recommended to prevent punctures.

To anyone who's used it before, is it fairly straightforward for someone mechanically challenged like me to put in???

And is this any good?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now