Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone have a triple adventure buggy

(10 Posts)
MultipleMama Sun 14-Jul-13 10:44:54

Damm phone.

I have the Quad version (2 reclining seats). I'll have 4 under 2. So far we've taken it out and loved and that's a big thing for DH. We love taking walks etc and I walk everywhere and at 5ft 4 I can see fine with the reclining seats on plus it fits in my car. It's bulky and big? Sometimes dodgy to handle but worth the money x

MultipleMama Sun 14-Jul-13 10:41:24

I have the Quad versi

goldie81 Sat 13-Jul-13 22:27:10

I've a single with reclining seat on top & static in front. I love it as domt always have 3kids so
Can have single, double or triple buggy.
I'm just outside north London. Message me if you want to come see it

Tiggywunkle Fri 12-Jul-13 00:24:09

Thats why I asked - because the OP says the double wont fit through her door, but is contemplating 2 seats on top. I think some measurements would help.

I dont sell people ABCs lightly - as you will know, they are nothing like any other pushchair I have ever seen. They are beasts. They are handmade and dare I say it 'old fashioned' but they are solid and I love the seating options. Some of my happiest memories are of having DD in a seat on top chatting to me as we walked along. She LOVED it up there. It wasnt our only pushchair, but we had a fabulous summer with the ABC until we admitted it filled up too much of our hall (we never attempted to fold it after the first try!) It was WAY too long for the boot of our car anyway!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 11-Jul-13 22:53:50

Tiggy - it's reassuring to hear that you rate ABC so highly smile

My friend has put a bit of a downer on mine and is always telling me to get rid of it. I think, up until now, I'd been letting her influence me eventhough I really do love the whole set up and haven't used it for ages. This is partly because it needs a spring-button (?) in the wheel axle.

Iirc, the double reclining seat was no narrower than the double buggy. I think it was about the same width as a MB double...ie just a cm or two too wide for my front door angry

Tiggywunkle Thu 11-Jul-13 22:02:37

The ABC is one of my favourite pushchairs but its not a car pushchair at all! Even the single isn't! They are huge folded and beasts smile But loveable beasts. I had a static toddler seat on top and visibility was fine. With a static top seat, the ABC isnt much taller than a Baby Jogger Elite with the hood up. Will the 2 seat on top option fit through your front door if the double doesn't? They seem very similar in width (but I havent looked the measurements up). If so, I would do this option TBH. I think access to the child in the middle will be hard with the single inline option. It was relatively hard to get the child in anyway past the bumper bar and footplate, and do them up / put footmuffs on, with nothing in front.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 11-Jul-13 21:50:19

I'm 5'6 and can see fine when the reclining seat is on the top. It's easier when the static seat is on the top though. Avoiding dog poo is a bit of a challenge sometimes (sorry, tmi?!).

Visibility from the main seat is a bit of an issue. I thought my youngest mindee would sit in the main seat but she didn't like it so had to ride in the reclining extra seat (she didn't like the static seat either...she's a bit of a tricky one) and one of the older ones would sit in the main seat because they were better able to crane their neck around to see out of the side grin. To get maximum visibility from the main seat, you'd need the reclining seat be attached to the front but with my combination of children, I was worried about dangling legs causing an issue. There are YouTube clips demonstrating all the different combinations.

In terms of getting rid of all other buggies, it was my thought aswell but I still have three. Mostly, this is because I do have to use the car quite a lot and the ABC is just too big to fit in my car when I'm using the boot seats (I have a Zafira).

My recently scaled down collection is the ABC, P&T Vibe and a maclaren quest.

macfi Thu 11-Jul-13 19:55:59

ha ha not sure I could swing a day out to Wales with the parents! So couple of questions, how easy is it to see over or round the top seat and how much room / visibility does the middle seat have?

my husband has suggested getting rid of some of the other four buggies and idea fills me with horror!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Wed 10-Jul-13 22:00:37

I have a single with a reclining seat and a static seat. I also have 2 adaptors so either seat can be front mounted. The static seat forward faces on the front whereas the reclining seat rear faces.

The double reclining seat didn't fit through my front door, either so had to go but I think I'd have probably kept it if my door was just a little bit wider!

However, I don't always need a triple so, for me, I have the best combination because it can a single, double or triple.

It's worth keeping an eye out on eBay or contacting Phil directly to see if they have any special offers. A couple of years ago, they had a half price sale...still kicking myself for not buying a sparkly new one at the time grin.

Sadly, I'm not in SW London (south Wales, if you're ever passing and want to come and look!!), sorry!

macfi Tue 09-Jul-13 16:37:06

I am planning on buying a triple adventure buggy for three kids, 15 / 25 /27 months but can't work our if I should go for the single with two facing you or the single with one on top and one in front.

I have a nipper 360 which I love and have used for three years but it doesn't fit through our front door so don't want this again, hence not the double with one on top.

Is there anyone who lives in South West London or near who has either combination that they wouldn't mind me having a look at.

Or have you got any advice on either?

Such a huge amount of money so want to make the right choice! Thanks mumsnetters

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now