Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair liners for hot weather

(23 Posts)
justabigdisco Mon 01-Jul-13 15:42:29

Anyone have any recommendations? Don't really want to fork out for a sheepskin (and do they REALLY keep babies cool in hot weather?) but we are travelling long haul with our new stroller soon and don't want her to be uncomfy

justabigdisco Mon 01-Jul-13 15:43:03

Oops posted too soon
Don't want her to be uncomfy OR ruin my new stroller fabrics with baby sweat!

forevergreek Mon 01-Jul-13 22:07:47

I recommend sheepskin. We have been world over in hot/ cold climates and they have been cool in hot and snug when cold. It looks new still nearly 4 years on

peanutMD Mon 01-Jul-13 23:23:22

I got my P&T lambskin for £14 on Ebay

mikkii Tue 02-Jul-13 07:19:00

Mothercare do them too, not sure what they cost as mine was a gift.

Mamas and papas have loads of fabric ones, I was really impressed by them. I have a M&P Frankie and I bought the cosy toes which opens out, but at the last minute I almost bought a different buggy as I adored the strawberry patterned liner and umbrella.

I gave a terry towelling one bought in Spain and now we have some sun it's time to swap the cosy toes one for the terry one.

pizzaqueen Tue 02-Jul-13 07:43:18

For holidays (ice cream, sun cream, sand, sweat) I would put a large towel (or sheet/light blanket) in the pushchair and cut out spaces for the straps to come through. Does the job of protecting the pushchair and easily changed.

I invested in a good cosy toes cover for winter though.

justabigdisco Tue 02-Jul-13 18:22:20

Thanks for this - I guess I was imagining something made of terry towelling / muslin but haven't really seen anything.

TwasBrillig Tue 02-Jul-13 18:24:50

We don't line our pushchair in summer . . .what am I missing?

forevergreek Tue 02-Jul-13 19:51:28

Twas- I have always lined winter and summer. It just means if they puke/ dribble/ spill something/ wipe something on I can just throw liner/ sheepskin in washing machine instead of scrubbing pram by hand.

justabigdisco Tue 02-Jul-13 21:09:06

I wouldn't normally but we're going on holiday (long haul) and its going to be v v hot

TwasBrillig Tue 02-Jul-13 21:35:31

Ah child isn't a pukey one so I seem to have survived that so far!

DifferentNow Tue 02-Jul-13 21:41:36

We've got newborn DD in a BJCM and have the cosy toes affixed but the top part zipped off so the bottom bit works as a snuggly liner.

Radiator1234 Tue 02-Jul-13 22:32:35

Hi there, we recently went to America with our 10 week old DD2 and we took an umbrella stroller for her. I bought a sheepskin from jL before I went but I wasn't sure whether to keep it or not as it was 50 quid which I thought was expensive! However I am sooo glad we bought it, as we used it in both the buggy and the car seat and she looked so comfy/ cozy on it. No regrets! 50 quid well spent I think (but like someone else says I am sure you can pick up cheaper on ebay).

justabigdisco Tue 02-Jul-13 23:16:51

Thanks radiator - was it hot while you were there?

MNPin2013 Wed 03-Jul-13 00:40:39

Sheepskin in hot climes works great and any sweat dries quickly when you lift baby out.

eBay is a great source, got my Bowron for £10 delivered. As the pile was a bit clumpy I gave it a quick wash and a very vigorous shaking when wet and the pile has plumped up beautifully.

MNPin2013 Wed 03-Jul-13 00:41:24

You can also lie a muslin between sheepskin and baby to lessen washing.

Radiator1234 Wed 03-Jul-13 07:13:15

Hi we were in Orlando in May and it was really really hot! (Oooh I miss it!) - we also used the sheepskin on the plane in the way back as we didn't have a bassinet for her on the way back (grrrrrr), but we did have a spare seat. She was v cosy on the sheepskin.

In fact we have just been away abroad for the weekend this weekend and we used the sheepskin for her to sleep on on a spare seat on the plane again. She is three and a half months now.

Wish I'd invested in sheepskin for DD1 now. I wasn't even aware of them at the time though, but this time another mum at one of the baby groups I go to was talking about them and I thought I'd investigate! I paid for half of it with vouchers so justified it that way :-). I got the pushchair liner one ( I think they do a rug too).

We also had this fantastic pushchair shade thing which I had never used before - it had come as a free extra on a battered maclaren I bought on ebay a year or so ago. That was marvelous for keeping the baby completely shaded- I am so glad we had that.

justabigdisco Wed 03-Jul-13 11:47:18

Thanks all for the tips!

Radiator - what stroller do you have and did the sheepskin fit? Also, could you link to the shady thing? Thanks so much

Radiator1234 Wed 03-Jul-13 13:02:45

Hiya!
The one we took was one I've had for about 3 years it's an O'Baby Atlas one, I bought it as a holiday buggy without doing any research for DD1 and I've always regretted not getting a Maclaren. I got it as the Mothercare lady said it was the most popular... I was in a rush and it was suitable from birth which is what I needed at the time.

The sheepskin fitted fine. It will fit on any buggy I think-it also fits in the maxi cosi car seat - there are holes to put the straps through. I've also since put it in my Icandy Peach and I have just bought a new pushchair in the last few weeks (Baby City Mini Jogger) which I love and it fits in there too. If you live near a John Lewis you could always go and test them out to see if you really do want one or not (the sheepskin I mean).

I am not sure where the shade thing was from / what brand it is and I am not sure how to do clicky links (sorry!) but if you go on johnlewis and type in "Snoozeshade" it's that type of thing. Fixes with Velcro. I only paid 15 quid for my battered maclaren and the woman gave me that for free so I got a bargain I now realise.

Are you going to America too or did I imagine that? If so you could probably pick one up cheaper when you're there from target or babies r us or somewhere. Exciting!

justabigdisco Wed 03-Jul-13 20:04:05

Not America but Asia! Thanks so much! grin

Radiator1234 Wed 03-Jul-13 21:40:25

Ahh have a great time. :-D

Hasitfallendownagain Wed 03-Jul-13 21:43:52

We have one that is reversible, towelling one side and cotton the other. I think I got it on ebay, can't remember, but the brand name on it is "Minene".

Hasitfallendownagain Wed 03-Jul-13 21:46:28

Found it! reversible liner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now