Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

HELP!! Traditional Silver Cross Kensington or modern Wayfarer?!

(4 Posts)
LadyShoey Fri 28-Jun-13 12:04:16

Hubby and I completely disagree. I would love the traditional Kensington whilst hubby thinks modern pushchair is the only way.
To put in context - we live in a 1 bed flat, and use a car alot so would leave pram in the boot and would only really need when not working or at weekends.
I know the Wayfarer is more practical but I'm so in love with the Kensington, and it does fold down and the wheels do clip off. Can I do it? Any experience with either? And what's weight like? confused
Thanks smile

CrazyOldCatLady Fri 28-Jun-13 12:14:52

The Kensington looks huge, you'd need to try it in your can to make sure it fits. Will the baby be napping it during the day? Because it looks like it could take up half a living room. Plus it doesn't have swivel wheels which means it'll probably steer like a canal barge and be a nightmare in shops.

I'd definitely go with something more compact and convenient, myself. There are reasons that changes have been made in buggy design over the years!

nethunsreject Fri 28-Jun-13 12:16:03

The big one is totally impractical!

LadyShoey Fri 28-Jun-13 12:24:35

thankyou both! smile
@CrazyOldCatLady haha! love the canal boat analogy! It would be left in the boot, not in the flat and we'll need a new car regardless as we have a dinky c1. Unfortunately SC have stopped making them for now so it's second hand or no way. Think I'm fighting a losing battle here! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now