Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What pushchair would you avoid next time and why?

(41 Posts)
nappyaddict Thu 27-Jun-13 16:50:52

Cosatto Giggle - carry cot very wobbly, frame very wobbly, veered to the right, frame kept collapsing, then frame snapped, front wheel collapsed, back wheel buckled
Cosatto Supa - frame snapped, wheels wore down quickly
Cosatto Yo - wheels wore down quickly, brakes not very good, front wheels stick and kept spinning out, one not level to the ground, frame squeaked and rocked.
Cosatto Diablo - heavy to push, difficult to steer
Petite Star Zia 3 wheeler - heavy to push, veers to the side, hard to control and push
Cosatto Swift Lite - difficult to push, hard to get up and down kerbs, brakes don't always work, wheels stuck, frame twisted
Chicco For Me - heavy to push
Quinny Yezz - frame snapped
Bugaboo Bee (old one not Bugaboo Bee Plus) - Frame cracked, rivet snapped on frame so it broke, wheel fell apart and came off, handle started getting stiff to extend, then the clip completely stopped working so the handle kept sliding up and down, brakes didn't work well, raincover ripped after a few months.
Loola - heavy in rear facing mode, hard to steer, difficult to push up steps and kerbs
Silvercross 3d - heavy to push
M&P Aria - wonky wheels
Chicco Liteway - front wheels lock and bend
Graco Quattro - veers to one side when pushing one handed
Mothercare pick and mix - wheels buckle
Graco Mosaic - wheels lock
Ziko Herbie - heavy up kerbs and steps
Silvercross Dazzle - wonky wheels
Jane Energy - wheels lock and unlock randomly,
Silvercross Pop - wheels wear down and it becomes heavy to push
Bruin Zen - hard to steer and wheels buckle
Obaby Atlas Circles - heavy to push and hard to steer
Luna Mix - veers to the right
Pliko Switch - heavy and awkward to push
Pliko Pramette - heavy to push
Pliko P3 - heavy to push
Britax Zeta - heavy to push
Silvercross Linear - heavy to push
Silvercross 3D - heavy to push and awkward to steer

peanutMD Thu 27-Jun-13 19:33:22

Nappyaddict are you just noting down other peoples complaints and rewriting them?

You PM'd me a few years back about the Energy and I told you I had big issues with wheels locking and unlocking amongst other things, did you go buy it and have the same thing happen?

I would also have thought your DS was way too old to have used the Yezz.

Sorry if this sounds odd but you've fine a few of these posts.

MiaowTheCat Thu 27-Jun-13 20:03:19

Hauck Malibu - cryptic instructions of the Ikea style - no words, no explanation, no fucking clue. Also depressingly brown and the brakes kept not disengaging properly.

Koochi stroller - has one ASBO wheel. Annoys me a lot because of this but it's rare I need the single so I tolerate it.

Britax B-Dual - would have again if they reduced the width of those fucking back wheels a bit!

nappyaddict Sun 30-Jun-13 21:48:18

I have looked after quite a few different children and these are all buggies that me and their parents have used.

Always fancied trying a Bugaboo Bee+, Bebecar Rversus and Inglesina Ottuto when my DS was of pushchair age.

milk Mon 01-Jul-13 19:37:54

I love my Chicco Liteway shock

Mothercare Spin- fold too big and basket too small.
BJCS- Too heavy after 9 months.
Bugaboo Bee- Too flimsy!

nappyaddict Tue 02-Jul-13 00:16:40

Did you use your BJCS with one or two children? Was it heavy too push after 9 months just rear facing or both rear and forward facing?

Apparently the Loola Up is heavy to push too once child gets a bit older so will cross that off my to try list!

Vicky08 Tue 02-Jul-13 00:21:03

Any Chicco one. They are bad quality and break really easily.

Quinny Buzz - Too big, too wide, too heavy and the front wheel kept getting stuck.
Cosatto Swift Lite - Frame too narrow, brakes were shit, couldn't get it up and down kerbs.
Quinny Zapp - Was never fully upright properly but also couldn't recline (I don't agree with what you say about the Zia though, it was like a much better version of the Zapp).
Cosatto Mobi - Felt a bit flimsy, difficult to steer
Leebruss Travel System - Horrible hard seat, as pretty as it was.
Maclaren Stroller - Just didn't like it and brake didn't work right.
Mothercare backpack carrier and stroller - Squeaky wheels!

I'm sure I will think of others...

Ones I would buy again:

Mothercare trenton pushchair - Amazing proper one hand fold and it even tells you the time and temperature!

Icandy Peach Blossom - This is the one we are now using and after even just 2 days using it, it is amazing for a double and I can push it with one finger with my toddler in the front and baby in carry cot in the back.

EmmalJunga Herqules pushchair - Amazing suspension, easy to push, massive basket and has a changing bag built into the hood.

nappyaddict Wed 03-Jul-13 08:35:44

SchroSawMargeryDaw Which Zia did you have - the 3 or 4 wheeler? I always fancied trying the 4 wheeler one to see if it was wany better but never got round to it.

And which Maclaren did you have?

nappyaddict Wed 03-Jul-13 08:45:23

Thought of another one I had forgottten about

Cosatto Cabi - one of the front wheels kept sticking

I know of a lot of people who had problems with the Cosatto Mobi. Like you say difficult to steer, but also the carry cot tilts very badly so baby slides down to the bottom, the zips kept breaking (manufacturer's fault), one of the back wheels came off when they were crossing the road, handle stuck in one position, material came off pushchair hood, raincover got hole in after second use, pushchair back rest bent etc

SilverSixpence Wed 03-Jul-13 09:31:43

so is there a pushchair that you've liked?

I'm starting to wonder if there is a perfect pushchair at all (other than the Uppababy Vista which looks fab)

Micralite Toro - bit awkward to steer and front wheels splay, v small shopping basket

I had the 3 wheeler, the one that's almost identical to the Zapp only it reclines. It was great imo.

I had the Maclaren Triumph, I think. Can't remember but I really didn't like it.

Cosatto Cabi is actually the Mobi only re-named after many problems, it's crap.

Silver I could totally recomend the Icandy Peach, have only had it a few days but it's amazing, so light to push, great basket, great steering.

Uppababy Vista does look fab.

Silver Also, if you're not too hung up on looks - the EmmalJunga range (City Cross, Monkey,Nitro) would be fab as they are practically identical to the Herqules only with different wheels.

Thank god I've bought an Uppababy Vista! smile

janey223 Wed 03-Jul-13 10:45:56

Silver cross surf - seat too narrow, DS was always sliding down it. Best suspension I've had though and tackles ice easily.

Hauck city - break rubbish, has a mind of its own on the bus. DS loved it and refused to go back in surf

Chicco lightway (I think) made for midgets it was so low down!

Then I got an oyster and I adore it so does DS, the front wheels buckle under sometimes (going in bus) and more commonly now he's nearly 15kg and always sat on the edge so I've just gotten a bugaboo bee.

nappyaddict Thu 04-Jul-13 16:49:42

My favourites are:

Maclaren XT
Maclaren XLR
Obaby Atlas
Obaby Atlas V2
Luna (4 wheeled one)
Mutsy

nappyaddict Thu 04-Jul-13 16:58:41

Oh and Nipper 360.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now