Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

BJCM GT Vs Versa GT / Forward vs Parent facing at about 6 months

(6 Posts)
AhhYouWillYouWill Wed 26-Jun-13 13:59:48

Hi,
I'm looking for a pushchair that will be able to cope with a smallish car boot and a mixture of rough and smooth paths.

I though the BJCM was perfect, but then I began to wonder about whether the parent facing option is necessary. A couple of friends I've asked have said definitely, so that's pushing me towards the Versa GT. However, I'd be using the carrycot for the first 6 months or so, so at 6 months the baby might be ok to face forwards anyway.

If anyone can give opinions on parent facing/forward facing at 6 months or so or the BJCM vs the Versa GT, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

chocolatemartini Wed 26-Jun-13 18:21:12

I'd want parent facing. But really depends on your dc's preferences. Versa GT looks fab but I haven't tried one

AhhYouWillYouWill Thu 27-Jun-13 13:59:05

Thanks for the reply chocolate. I guess I won't know till I have the baby so it might be better to have it just in case.

Flipping annoying that the BJCM does from birth but the Versa doesn't though!

chocolatemartini Thu 27-Jun-13 16:59:30

I'd use a sling for the first 6 months anyway, that's what I'm planning for my next dc and what I did for my first. Never needed a carrycot although I know I'm in a minority and most people use one. There is a carrycot for the versa I think isn't there? But will cot extra of course.

Tiggywunkle Fri 28-Jun-13 02:01:48

Yes the carrycot is extra, but you can always sell it on afterwards.

Sunnysummer Fri 28-Jun-13 02:11:53

We got the city mini gt and bought the large cot attachment separately... But are glad we got the bassinet cheaply and second hand (on eBay) as DS hates it and much prefers either a sling or the forward facing seat! Like you say, so much can depend on the child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now