Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Clueless in Europe! :)

(4 Posts)
SincerestSiren Tue 25-Jun-13 14:31:50

Hi ya'll - FTM here and in a bit of a pickle when it comes to deciding on what pushchair to purchase, hoping some much needed advice can be given.
Here is some background:
I just moved over here to Europe from the states and currently living in Portugal, I'm at my wits going through all these reviews on which is good for what but unfortunately there is no one perfect model. I live on the outskirts of the countries capital Lisbon so we are able to be without a car and mostly taking the subway and train for transportation, I'm a stay at home mother so don't have to rely on traveling out and about daily just the majority on weekends. The terrain is mostly bumpy uneven cobblestone.
I have been eyeballing the Uppababy Vista it seems to be the most capable for our situation but am worried that it may be to wide for some situations and taking it on the subway. Any city dwellers in London have issues as well with my concern?
I too like a previous poster mentioned have been confused with the second option of the bugaboo bee for the mobility of it, just worried that it would constantly get stuck in cracks and that it wouldn't be as suitable for the terrain in some of the parks that can be kinda off-road in some cases.

I am open to any help/advice on other pushchairs as well. Thanks!

Ihateparties Tue 25-Jun-13 17:36:38

I don't think a bee would work, agree with you there. If the ground is genuinely uneven most places theb I think I would be looking at air tyres. The smallest that I can think of is the new easywalker mini.

I would find a vista too wide personally but they are so well liked it's impossible to ignore it, from what i hear it's decent on rough urban terrain. If you have the budget the new bugaboo buffalo looks ace.

I don't really know without looking what's available in portugul though, what are you seeing people around you using?

SincerestSiren Thu 27-Jun-13 12:04:57

I just moved here in November so haven't got much look at other people's pushchairs. The selection retail wise is not the best, I will most likely have to order from the UK if I go the Uppababy Vista route. They do however sell Bugaboo which is a plus. From what little I've seen is maxi-cosi , chicco, and stokke's out in the mall. Thank you for the suggestion of the Bugaboo Buffalo I started looking at that and it seems to be very capable of our needs. Can't find any dimensions though. I know the Chameleon is 24" wide and that's close to the vista at 25.5", but obviously I prefer the vista over that at that small difference! Will wait it out to check the buffalo.

Tiggywunkle Fri 28-Jun-13 01:54:38

The Buffalo is 60cms wide - I know its the same width as the Cameleon so that must be 24" too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now