Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

14mo and newborn.... help!

(13 Posts)
grassalwayslooksgreener Tue 25-Jun-13 10:40:42

Icandy peach? Babystyle oyster max? I love the bugaboo donkey but don't think it will get through my door sad

Not too keen on phil and teds, don't know why but I'm just not.

cleverbit Tue 25-Jun-13 11:08:03

how big is your door? are you looking for a tandem or side by side? I'm assuming your older child will need to have a propped recline for napping? do you have any other requirements like parent facing?

grassalwayslooksgreener Tue 25-Jun-13 11:11:59

I'm not sure how big my door is but not very, I don't mind side by side or tandem, parent facing doesn't bother me that much I'm just so confused!

frissonpink Tue 25-Jun-13 11:14:27

I candy peach - definitely. I bought one for DD with the view that if we had a second we could easily adapt. Great pram. Easy to push. Folds down easily. It's small and very easy to manouever.

I saw a woman in Next yesterday with a double pram, side by side, and she couldn't even browse! I wouldn't want that stress with 2 small babies. You want to know you can at least leave the house! grin

cleverbit Tue 25-Jun-13 19:32:56

I've spent many hours researching double pushchairs and I've come to the conclusion that just about all of them require a compromise of one sort or another. In the end I had to decide based on needing to get it up a flight of stairs and ended up with a bjcm double which is wider than my front door but a breeze to fold and carry. Do you have any budget restrictions? If you like the donkey perhaps you could measure your door? does it nees to fit in a car boot?

We love the oyster Max, although still waiting for dc2 to take up his/her seat! Been using it as a single in the meantime. Its great!

spacegirl81 Tue 25-Jun-13 21:47:38

My boys are 17 months apart and we've got a baby jogger city mini double. It's fab, folds easier, can open with one hand and fits through a normal door smile

MiaowTheCat Wed 26-Jun-13 13:21:30

11 month age gap.

I chop and change between a Cosatto side by side that folds small and lives in the car boot, a Phil and Teds (the newborn part was the only thing that would pacify DD2 in the worst of her reflux period - even though I'd hated the idea of it) and a Britax B-Dual I've got back in action at present since DD2 is at the arkward age for the Phil and Teds being too big for newborn mode and too small for the proper seat.

AlfieBear87 Wed 26-Jun-13 13:25:25

I have a 16 month age gap. My youngest is now 13 weeks old. I have the mountain buggy duet and love it. It can get through the smallest spaces and I can have my youngest in the carrycot facing me. It's fairly big and chunky when folded but the benefits far outweigh the cons for me.

grassalwayslooksgreener Wed 26-Jun-13 13:25:37

I think its between the peach and oyster max now, they look fairly similar the only huge difference is the price! We don't actually have any budget issues as we can pay off weekly/monthly as it suits us. So who can tell me which ones better? Peach or oyster? grin

FeelingHip Wed 26-Jun-13 13:27:22

I have the Donkey (I love it!), it fits through most standard doorways - I have only ever struggled with one friend's front door and other than that it has been fine. Also, it is a breeze to 'shrink' the frame to a single so you could potentially do that if required. It is a great pram.

Tiggywunkle Fri 28-Jun-13 01:50:57

With your age gap, absolutely the Peach. You will still need two good reclining seats. With a bigger age gap I would have said the Oyster Max, but honestly get the Peach Blossom 2 (not 1).

katemarch Fri 28-Jun-13 15:13:27

I have a Britax B-Agile, and my daughters are 16 months apart. I love it and I love the fact that my newborn can face me while my older daughter faces away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now