Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Bugaboo bee or BJ Versa GT?

(10 Posts)
nappyaddict Sun 16-Jun-13 17:39:18

Which is lighter to push?
Which is smoother to push?
Which is easier to steer?
Which is easier to get up and down kerbs/steps?

Ihateparties Sun 16-Jun-13 18:01:34

Bee imo, sticking strictly to the question..but the answer might be different if you had said normal versa as it's lighter on all points than the gt version.

Tiggywunkle Sun 16-Jun-13 23:22:52

1. Bee
2. Bee
3. Bee
4. Bee

Which is sturdier; keeps all 4 wheels on the ground when going round a corner; doesnt require you to hop on one leg whilst keeping your bum on the rear of the car or a wall to stop you falling over when opening; has a better basket; can cope with pavement gaps and anything more uneven; is cosier for winter and has a better good for summer; doesnt need the handlebar extending every time you open; feels much better to push.....thats definitely the Versa.

The Bee answers your questions simply because it is lighter than the Versa - but the lightness comes with negatives which is why the Versa feels more solid, stable, able to cope with more things than the Bee.

nappyaddict Mon 24-Jun-13 11:16:36

The Versa GT isn't suitable from birth though is it according to the BJ website.

Tiggywunkle Mon 24-Jun-13 22:08:45

It is with the use of a carrycot or car seat.

Tiggywunkle Mon 24-Jun-13 22:09:31

Technically the Bee is suitable from birth because the cocoon flattens the seat out to flat.

nappyaddict Tue 25-Jun-13 19:26:32

Does the cocoon come included or do you have to buy it separately?

TwitchyTail Tue 25-Jun-13 21:04:04

Buy separately - about £70 rip off brand new, can easily get an as new one for under £30 on ebay or even cheaper.

nappyaddict Thu 27-Jun-13 17:11:52

TiggyWunkle What about the Bugaboo Bee+? I heard it was much sturdier than the old one?

Tiggywunkle Fri 28-Jun-13 02:03:09

I havent had an old Bee. I just call the Bee+ a Bee as do most people I think these days. Bugaboo just call it a Bee smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now