Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mountain buggy duet

(8 Posts)
Tiggywunkle Mon 20-May-13 23:39:15

The Nipper is great. Just watch out though for those with huge harnesses, and also buy the narrow V2 version (there is a wide V2 version too) to ensure you can get through doors. The handling of the Nipper is far better than the handling of the Duet. Look also at the TFK Twinner Twist Duo and the Baby Jogger City Mini and Mini GT,

Munxx Mon 20-May-13 19:45:06

Oh and mine are 2.5 and 8 mo and there is plenty of room for growth.

Munxx Mon 20-May-13 19:43:34

Absolutely, I live in a busy city centre and can get the nipper easily round the shops. It's also brilliant in woodlands, deep snow.....you name it!

Kt12x Mon 20-May-13 18:35:07

Thanks
Do you find with the nipper u can still get around the shops easily enough?

Ihateparties Mon 20-May-13 17:15:46

I think it probably depends on you're personal definition of outgrown really. The seats are on the smaller side, as penguin says an older toddler looks pretty big in there and there are certainly things with larger seats seats but if you and the child are happy then it would probably okay. If you can handle the extra 9cm the nipper does indeed give you another excellent option, hopefully with carrycots coming later this year.

TinyPenguin Mon 20-May-13 16:58:32

I still use my duet with my 3 year old & 18month old for the same reasons as you. 3 year old looks a bit on the big side but is comfortable & doesn't complain, sleeps in it quite happily! My 18mth old is very tall for his age yet still has plenty of room, even with footmuff in. Bought it when my 2nd was born and my 1st was 21mths, it has been a god send!

Munxx Mon 20-May-13 16:33:18

Nipper 360 double is brilliant!

Kt12x Mon 20-May-13 15:31:56

Hi this is my first post so I hope I am posting in the right place!
I am after people's impressions on the mountain buggy duet. I will have a 13 month old and a newborn. I lead a very out doors life and need an all terrain, I also live in a small village so need something that will fit in shops. I have been researching all terrain and have been and looked at the duet, and this so far seems like the best option for us.
I went to the baby show and a rep was telling me that the seats are too narrow for a toddler and will need a 2nd double as my babies get bigger, has anyone found this?
What were your general opinions of the duet and how would you rate it?
Does anyone else have any alternatives to the duet?
Thanks in advance x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now