Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I'm craving a new buggy after reading here :)

(40 Posts)
WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 14:50:16

Happy in general with my Oyster, but getting fed up with in / out of the car and once DD is into forward facing car seat I will leave the Oyster in the house.

I could use my Silver Cross umbrella fold, but have got the urge to buy a new one! And the brake isn't that great...

So. Not Zia like. I hate 3 wheelers, unless its P&T. I'm thinking a buggy that folds in half (rather than umbrella fold) would be good. I've got 4 DCs and if it could fit behind the rear seats of my S-Max and allow space for other stuff retail therapy Not too expensive, less than £150 and I'd quite like something that not every other mum in the playground has got.

Any suggestions?

WeAreSix Sun 19-May-13 11:35:54

Graco?! They always look... Well... Plastic-y somehow.

I really want to see the Quicksmart. I'm off on a weekend jaunt on Saturday so it'd be useful to get one ASAP. Not that I'm impatient you'll understand!!

Ihateparties Sun 19-May-13 11:25:52

It is quite large folded pf.... I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't fit very well with all the seats up.

Now, call me crazy (and tiggy will when she's back off holiday) but I am going to get this this. I was browsing amazon.com and rediscovered Valcos, all ready to import one then I realised that we saw a Red Kite double that looked exactly like a Valco Snap twin at Harrogate, so I searched for the single version and voila.

Yessss the US have a much nicer black framed 4 wheel version but it is the same actual pushchair look 52cm wide and 6.2 kilos. It just isn't going to win any style awards.... grin

RandomMess Sun 19-May-13 11:16:24

You won't want to hear this but honestly one of the most surprising pushchairs that fitted behind my rear seats, one piece fold and amazingly light and easy to push was a Graco Mirage shock and the Graco Citisport shock

Obviously not rear facing though...

Northernexile Sun 19-May-13 11:08:55

I just got a Micralite for £149, and I like it a lot

WeAreSix Sun 19-May-13 11:06:43

Yes. But I think I'll have to stick to two parts for the car <wimp emoticon>

RandomMess Sun 19-May-13 09:46:46

Ha ha ha ha ha ha grin

Have you been and practised?

WeAreSix Sun 19-May-13 09:04:04

Oh. Is that it?!

Oops.

I may not need another buggy after all.........

janey223 Sat 18-May-13 23:22:02

shockshock

It's easy peasy!

Ihateparties Sat 18-May-13 22:41:10

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.... shock

Okay, using the seat recline handle fold the seat right in on itself (like if it were a pacman the open seat is the open mouth, close it completely) then fold the chassis as normal grin

WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 22:23:11

I haven't worked out how to fold it in one piece when it's parent facing blush

WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 22:21:27

I haven't worked out how to f

janey223 Sat 18-May-13 22:14:07

You could keep the footrest up? DS loves his up and even if he fancies kicking his legs he just sits further forward or kicks then off the side... Then protests if I put it down.

Ihateparties Sat 18-May-13 22:12:12

grin Just out of interest why are you getting it in and out of the car in two pieces, is it because of your boot space?

WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 21:52:59

Hmpfh. I use the word 'though' too much.

WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 21:52:21

I love my Oyster for proper walks, despite DDs slippy bottom smile I'm sure the sheepskin will fix that though. Getting it in and out of the car in two pieces is a pain though. With the rear seats up in the car the Oyster completely fills what's left of the boot.

If DH won't let me buy a new buggy then maybe I'll get this?

janey223 Sat 18-May-13 21:44:30

I had the same conundrum, bought two other buggies and ended up back with my oyster, DS loves the thing and so do I.

RandomMess Sat 18-May-13 21:39:57

I'd try and get a bee local so you can see it in the flesh before paying.

WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 21:34:39

The Quicksmart has me really intrigued. I'd like to get my hands on one to play.

WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 21:32:21

I just can't get over the Britax thing. Particularly the Customer Services bitch Advisor who accused me of tipping it on purpose to get a newer buggy angry

eBay is too hit & miss in reality.

I'd quite like a running buggy too.... DH is in despair!

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Sat 18-May-13 21:28:39

For small fold you can't beat the YoYo but it's very pricey for a basic stroller. Love mine though and hubby is soooo impressed with it he actually thinks it's great value for money & even I don't truly believe that smile
Others I had on my shortlist were Nuna Pepp (or search ebay for Mamas & Papas Nuna, same thing but cheaper) & Maxi Cosi Noa. Then the Casual Play Livi was added to the shortlist but discounted due to importing being a bit scary for me and because my heart wanted a YoYo.
Oh and the Quicksmart EasyFold was on the list for a while too....at one time Amazon had them for around £60! Still under £100 now.....

Ihateparties Sat 18-May-13 21:25:31

Tis true on the bee front... long as you ensure you get a good one <thinks of the few VERY used ones I see daily and paying £150 for those>

I knew the yoyo was good, on paper, the concept etc. I knew it was kind of impressive but I think you're right, until you actually see one yourself it's hard to really get across just how impressive they are. The tiny folded package and the open pushchair with a big seat, noticably big rather than just passably big.

It is a travel/car pushchair though, not one for walkers, which is why I don't have one - no car, no excuse for one :-)

Oh and I do feel compelled to mention that after reading your britax experiences I do get it but the b agile is a million miles from both of those things. I have pushed too many pushchairs and the b agile stands with the best of them imo, most especially for the price tag. The same applies to the baby jogger city mini family.

WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 21:20:19

I was just looking on eBay wink

RandomMess Sat 18-May-13 21:15:47

Get an original one, second hand should come in at around £150...

WeAreSix Sat 18-May-13 21:14:02

Ah, my Baby Bea in a Bee smile

RandomMess Sat 18-May-13 21:09:23

Just get a bugaboo bee grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now