Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

double/tandem that folds up neatly, is fairly lightweight and will fit through front door?!

(11 Posts)
forevergreek Sat 18-May-13 21:17:36

Nipper v3 (72cm) or mountain buggy duet (63cm)

Ihateparties Sat 18-May-13 09:50:12

You'd be okay with 74cm ones, the bjcm will be very tight though. The newer 72cm wide nipper would be great, you'd have to be certain it was a narrower one if buying second hand though as the older ones are 77cm irrc so wouldn't fit.

You would probably get a used mb duo for pretty cheap, ditto bjcm if you think one will fit (sounds like it might not, seem to think they're 75.5 so it would be a major squeeze).

MiaowTheCat Sat 18-May-13 08:56:57

B-dual was a pain getting in and out of our back door (don't know if it's narrower than the norm or not) - wasn't the actual door width, it was the lip at the bottom of the door causing the problems, I had to lift the back of the buggy over it and it was an irritation. Hence - from bitter experience, if you've got like a lip at the bottom of the door - take that into account when doing the measuring!

Stepfather pulled three wall tiles off the kitchen wall when he was hamfistedly trying to push it through without lifting it over slightly.

maltravers Fri 17-May-13 23:21:38

Nipper/out n abouter is fab if the dimensions fit. Used to be the favoured option for twins mums when I had mine (8 years back so models may have moved on).

frazzled74 Fri 17-May-13 23:11:41

thanks, the door opening is 76cm so quite tight for most side by sides, i like the look of the baby jogger ,just going to look for dimensions now.

lurcherlover Fri 17-May-13 23:03:18

The baby jogger is side by side and both seats recline. I got mine for £200 from eBay including a baby carrycot and all the accessories in really good condition.

Ihateparties Fri 17-May-13 22:55:26

Do us a favour and measure your door... a LOT of side by sides are 74-76cm wide. If the door will allow for that then the world ebay, gumtree, preloved etc is your oyster.

Two reclining seats on a tandem is harder to find and generally brings quite a bit more expense and tandems also usually involve more compromises on other things like tipping up curbs, turning, folding and all round handling.

frazzled74 Fri 17-May-13 22:46:09

Thanks, I would prefer side by side but presumed that none would fit through door, both seats need to recline and budget is as cheap as possible! happy to buy second hand.

Ihateparties Fri 17-May-13 22:36:17

Side by side or tandem? A standard size front door should accommodate the majority if side by sides. If you prefer a tandem do you need both seats to recline? What sort of budget?

lurcherlover Fri 17-May-13 22:01:52

I can fit my Baby Jogger through my front door - it's a squeeze, but it fits. It's a doddle to fold and lighter than my single pram! Admittedly my single is a stokke, the heaviest pram in the world, but still...

frazzled74 Fri 17-May-13 21:55:38

thats it really, I have a normal sized front door and want to get in and out without waking sleeping babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now