Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Argh! The perfect double pushchair doesn't exist!

(52 Posts)
CruCru Mon 13-May-13 13:03:28

Hi all

I am due to have DC2 in September and the lack of perfect double is doing my head in. If I like them to push round then they're a bugger to fold / massive folded, or the newborn doesn't have a carrycot or the seats look tiny. I have bored on discussed a bunch of pushchairs on here and still don't have a solution.

I have been told that the P+T is brilliant, that one kid sits below another isn't a problem but I plain hate pushing them, I find them really heavy.

I don't mind what they cost (within reason) but think I have to pick the perfect one first time as DH will be cross if I fill our entire house with pushchairs.

Sorry, just wanted a rant.

Numbthumbs Sun 26-May-13 20:42:41

I have an Icandy pear, its AMAZING. I got it second hand off Ebay and its made my life so much easier. It loads lighter than my maclaren double and being a tandem it fits in shops. Its easy to put together and looks lovely.

My DD was 19mo when DS was born and she loves sitting in the front. I also got the car seat adaptors and now DS can be transferred straight from car to the buggy in my (borrowed) maxi-cosi car seat.

Tiggywunkle Mon 27-May-13 21:57:57

Have you looked at the new iCandy Apple 2 Pear? I have been through a lot of double pushchairs, and TBH if you are considering a P&Ts then take a look at it. Its amazingly light - loads and loads lighter than a P&Ts. Its easy to fold even with both seats still attached - yes its then big folded but you have the option to easily break it down into pieces - but it freestands nicely with both seats or one seat on. There is a newborn nest - the same size as the main carrycot for the baby, and the seats are a good size. Its well worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now