Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Keeping a BJCM folded up

(10 Posts)
mrsbee2be Wed 15-May-13 20:49:02

I have to admit.... I quit, couldn't make it stay shut, & after over stressing about it getting dirty on the plane. I made DH buy me a 2nd hand P&T sport blush complete with travel bag (which actually was not much more than the BJ travel bag) which I really don't care if it breaks cos its crap! (But will be fine for a week!)

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 22:52:51

Glad you found it. You need to just wrap it around the frame somehow! I can't remember precisely how but it does work!

mrsbee2be Mon 13-May-13 16:43:02

Found it!

Watched the video & there's def no catch.....however very far underneath is the 'storage strap' no quite sure what it straps to but I'll have an experiment now! Thank you x

Tiggywunkle Mon 13-May-13 01:09:42

If there is no catch, then look right deep underneath the seat - I think its the RH side as you stand behind and there is a velcro strap which will be folded in half, thus making it harder to find. It says storage strap on it. I am sure my 2011 had one, and if it wasn't, then it was the Elite that had it. The red / cream / black model is a 2009 / 10 model so I believe (certainly pre 2011).

notso Fri 10-May-13 21:30:43

Right video here, she compares the 2011 and 2012, the latch on the 2012 is improved but there is also one on the 2011.

notso Fri 10-May-13 21:19:10

It's on the right hand side if you are behind the handle.
I've tried to find a video showing it but I can't however it there is a picture of it in the manual under Frame, it's the first pages here

mrsbee2be Fri 10-May-13 20:35:37

I really can't find one, its a 2012 model I think..... The Red, black & cream one. i don't really put anything underneath cos its rubbish to get into!
Thanks for the tip I'll have a look on ebay for a bag, I'd have a melt down if it was dirty when I got off the plane.

notso Fri 10-May-13 14:54:12

I have a double bought last year and it has a catch on the side which holds it together. If there is loads of tat in the basket it needs ashove but it will do it.
You can get a travel bag for the double though which I would recommend. We ordered one for holiday but due to the snow it arrived late and our buggy got scratched and was filthy from the plane.

homeaway Fri 10-May-13 14:41:59

Have no idea ; can you get a buggy bag for the double for when you put it on the plane ?, I know they exist for singles but not sure about doubles.

mrsbee2be Fri 10-May-13 10:39:18

I have a BJCM (double version) & need to know how to keep it shut after folding. It folds up easily but there isn't anything to keep it like that, like a fastener you would get on most buggys... so how do people keep theirs shut?

So far isn't really a problem as I only ever fold when putting in the car but due to fly with it soon & worried it'll ping open when it gets put on the plane!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now