Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Keeping a BJCM folded up

(10 Posts)
mrsbee2be Fri 10-May-13 10:39:18

I have a BJCM (double version) & need to know how to keep it shut after folding. It folds up easily but there isn't anything to keep it like that, like a fastener you would get on most buggys... so how do people keep theirs shut?

So far isn't really a problem as I only ever fold when putting in the car but due to fly with it soon & worried it'll ping open when it gets put on the plane!

homeaway Fri 10-May-13 14:41:59

Have no idea ; can you get a buggy bag for the double for when you put it on the plane ?, I know they exist for singles but not sure about doubles.

notso Fri 10-May-13 14:54:12

I have a double bought last year and it has a catch on the side which holds it together. If there is loads of tat in the basket it needs ashove but it will do it.
You can get a travel bag for the double though which I would recommend. We ordered one for holiday but due to the snow it arrived late and our buggy got scratched and was filthy from the plane.

mrsbee2be Fri 10-May-13 20:35:37

I really can't find one, its a 2012 model I think..... The Red, black & cream one. i don't really put anything underneath cos its rubbish to get into!
Thanks for the tip I'll have a look on ebay for a bag, I'd have a melt down if it was dirty when I got off the plane.

notso Fri 10-May-13 21:19:10

It's on the right hand side if you are behind the handle.
I've tried to find a video showing it but I can't however it there is a picture of it in the manual under Frame, it's the first pages here

notso Fri 10-May-13 21:30:43

Right video here, she compares the 2011 and 2012, the latch on the 2012 is improved but there is also one on the 2011.

Tiggywunkle Mon 13-May-13 01:09:42

If there is no catch, then look right deep underneath the seat - I think its the RH side as you stand behind and there is a velcro strap which will be folded in half, thus making it harder to find. It says storage strap on it. I am sure my 2011 had one, and if it wasn't, then it was the Elite that had it. The red / cream / black model is a 2009 / 10 model so I believe (certainly pre 2011).

mrsbee2be Mon 13-May-13 16:43:02

Found it!

Watched the video & there's def no catch.....however very far underneath is the 'storage strap' no quite sure what it straps to but I'll have an experiment now! Thank you x

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 22:52:51

Glad you found it. You need to just wrap it around the frame somehow! I can't remember precisely how but it does work!

mrsbee2be Wed 15-May-13 20:49:02

I have to admit.... I quit, couldn't make it stay shut, & after over stressing about it getting dirty on the plane. I made DH buy me a 2nd hand P&T sport blush complete with travel bag (which actually was not much more than the BJ travel bag) which I really don't care if it breaks cos its crap! (But will be fine for a week!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now