Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

please help me choose a double buggy!

(14 Posts)
drinkyourmilk Sun 12-May-13 15:21:45

I have a polo and use a Phil and teds as a Single. It fits in fine, though you need to get the angle right, and the parcel shelf needs to come off to get it in, but goes back on afterwards.

RooneyMara Sun 12-May-13 15:17:41

Ooh! smile

MultipleMama Sun 12-May-13 15:16:32

Rooney First shipment should be arriving this week according to the woman I talked to through email.

MiaowTheCat Sun 12-May-13 08:40:02

Looking at how cramped the boot of the girl down the road's Polo is when she's got her umbrella fold stroller in - I'd doubt a P+T would fit - but this is going by the size of mine folded and still laden down with crap in every available pocket so I don't exactly fold it small (just collapse it a wee bit so I can slam the boot lid shut).

RooneyMara Sun 12-May-13 08:05:44

I like the look of the Strollair double but not sure if you can buy it over here.

HDEE Sun 12-May-13 06:12:21

Baby Jogger City Mini Double.

NandH Sun 12-May-13 04:53:01

I have a Phil and Ted's sport...bloody brilliant!

scarecrow22 Sun 12-May-13 03:40:13

LovePot from P&T's website,

Dot
Dimensions Unfolded width: 59cm/23.2'' Folded wheels on (lxdxw): 76 x 26 x 59cm 30 x 10 x 23"

Classic (I think this is the Sport)
Dimensions Unfolded width: 62cm/24.4" Folded wheels on (lxdxw): 76x 30 x 61cm 30 x 11.8 x 24"

LovePotatoes Sat 11-May-13 22:19:23

Hello. I too am looking for a pushchair for two, a 2yr 10mth and a 3 mth old. Do you think the above suggestions will fit in the boot of a VW polo. Thank you

scarecrow22 Sat 11-May-13 10:42:30

Gambia, I have a 2 y 4, m DD and 4wk DS.
we chose Phil & Ted's Sport which has only one reclining seat, but my DD rarely uses buggy and I'm hardly ever out for her nap, and when I am I can use carry pack for DS for A year by which time DD won't need nap. we are v pleased with our (2nd hand) Sport: it is so light to push we joke it pushes itself, feels balanced with one or two kids in and fits well in my A2 boot ( it is boxy when collapsed, so though bigger easier to fit than my McLaren single buggy was as that collapsed long and thin).
the Phil & Ted's Dot has two reclining seats in tandem and is smaller. I didn't go for this say DD super tall and also it is a newer model so harder to get an eBay bargain.
good luck. and congrats!

Gambia Sat 11-May-13 10:30:17

Thank you for all your suggestions and advice. Really helpful!

youaintallthat Fri 10-May-13 13:32:46

Does your 2 year old ever sleep in the pram or are they awake usually when you are out? Another alternative would be a buggy pod....(link below) you can buy rain covers for them and they slot onto the side of your single pram. If your 2 year old only goes in a pram when tired it might be a less bulky / heavy alternative?

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_47_10751_-1_14561_95826_10001_14051?_$ja=tsid:49662&gclid=COqIx53Fi7cCFXDMtAodTGAATg

Ihateparties Fri 10-May-13 13:26:16

Haha, what you've described is what most people want and is surprisingly hard to achieve, different tandems work for different people - lifestyle, terrain, personal taste etc.

Your post really makes me think you don't really want a tandem at all, in what direction doesn't the nipper fit in your boot and would a baby jogger side by side fit as they fold flatter? The bjcmd fitted in my yaris boot with ease if you temporarily moved the parcel shelf.

Tandems you can push with 1 hand and have two seats with some sort of recline - icandy peach blossom, jane twone, babystyle oyster max. The britax b dual too but i know some people find them heavy to push, i just didn't. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I have personally used. At the moment I use a smyths toys dimples mobi tandem in a very part time sense, it's actually the lightest of any tandem i've ever had to fold and lift, your baby is a little young for it though. The bucket seat could be wedged I suppose but it's probably best suited to older siblings than yours currently. Plus it's only one handed on flat smooth surfaces. Despite these things it is still amazing for the price.

I prefer tandems in the day to day sense but I can see the reasons why others don't, if your instinct is to go with a side by side then I would see if you can find something to fit.

Gambia Fri 10-May-13 10:05:16

I really wanted an out n about nipper but discovered it won't fit in my car boot so need a smaller option. I did really like the side by side ones as both kids can see out and see each other, but think I'll have to go for a tandem one instead. I have a 6 week old and 2year old. I need something that can fold down quite compactly, thats not too heavy or bulky,can preferably recline for naps too and can be pushed one handed if needed. I don't know much about double pushchsirs, and would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now