Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I hate my BJCS - other options?

(9 Posts)
ComradeJing Thu 16-May-13 09:07:41

God sorry Tiggy, I'm chasing you across the board.

By the gap I mean that between the platform of the station and the train is a large and uneven gap. Sometimes the train is higher than the platform, sometimes it's lower. Either way, a couple of times when I reversed off the train I wasn't strong enough to raise the front of the BJCS so that it lifted off the train and so the front wheels dropped into the gap and I needed someone to lift the front out and help me off. Not ideal!

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 23:31:23

To be honest, get a PB2. I am puzzling over the gap between the train door and the platform though - I am not sure what you mean / if anything will bridge the gap that I think you mean.

ComradeJing Mon 13-May-13 04:03:34

grin Tiggy - we only just moved here!

Excellent, thanks for the tip re the peach blossom. The shop assistant tried to persuade me to get that over the BJCS when we looked in April but I ignored her. Regretting that now. hmm

I tried a P&T Dot with DD in it yesterday. Surprisingly heavy! I think I still would need an equal amount of force to make it go up kerbs. <sigh> Not needing a double would definitely have been an argument for waiting for a larger gap between DD and DS.

Tiggywunkle Mon 13-May-13 01:44:10

Move to the Uk <unhelpful>?

The Peach Blossom in AUS is definitely the new version - long story but I know it is. You and the US got it before the UK but in the older colours.

ComradeJing Mon 13-May-13 00:29:04

Thank you all for replying. I'm sorry it took a while to get back to the thread - everyone is sick here and feeling rubbish.

Unfortunately the Oyster Max isn't available here so I would have to ship it in sight unseen (to Aus). Is it really that great?

I think the icandy peachblossom is only on version one in Aus too. The website is a little misleading so I can't tell.

So now I'm looking at the Mountain Buggy Duet (narrower than the BJCS), the icandy peach blossom and still some of the Phil and Teds.

Any other suggestions or thoughts?

Tiggywunkle Thu 09-May-13 21:28:57

I would look at the Oyster Max TBH. I dont find P&Ts the lightest pushchairs around and the Max is certainly light. The Peach Blossom is pretty light - it wont help you but the new Apple 2 Pear is exceptionally light - the lightest tandem I have pushed. The Jane Twone is light to push too. I like the Uppababy Vista with Rumble seat - it looks like the BJCS but the handling is completely different! I also like the Mountain Buggy +One but your youngest needs another 6 months at least really before that becomes a decent option, so no good for now! Have a look at the Max and read what Parties crossed out above smile

Ihateparties Thu 09-May-13 19:03:34

Light to push, turn and tip that i have actually used - icandy peachblossom, jane twone, babystyle oyster max. I like the dot a lot but have only looked in shops. Probably the best mix of child space, ease of use and price is the oyster max. Only real issue is the lower seat recline is minimal but the reclining upper seat also fits in the lower sockets not that i'm for a moment suggesting you should consider using them the wrong way round, i'm just sayin'

MiaowTheCat Thu 09-May-13 18:51:58

I gave up on the b-dual recently after giving myself massive shoulder pain tackling a similar fucker of a hill... bought a second hand Phil and Teds and while it's not ideal at all in terms of space for the little one, at least I can move my arms again now.

Have a knackered side by side for in the boot of the car but can't use it to go in and out of the house as it won't fit down the alley to the door!

ComradeJing Thu 09-May-13 13:59:05

DD is 2.4 and 14kg. DD is 6 months and 9kg. I live at the bottom of a fucker of a hill, don't drive, the curbs are all huge and I'm struggling on public transport due to the width, weight and length of the BJCS. I was on the trains today and twice the wheels fell into the gap between the train and the platform. On top of all this I've fucked my wrist -again- trying to manoeuvre the bastard thing about.

So, in a nutshell, I hate my BJCS.

Any suggestions for other options? City only, public transport friendly, tandem stroller that isn't too heavy and can easily go up curbs? Must be a tandem and not side by side and must be narrower than the bastard BJCS width (65cm)

I've been looking on line at the phill and teds dot.

DD won't use a toddler board as she would rather walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now