Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do you have a pushchair for house and one for car?

(19 Posts)

yes! as of today
it was a revelation this morning when I realised I was asking dh to put it in the car before he went to work AGAIN, for the 100th day in a row that he had to put it in or take it out (I'm preggers and trying not to lift stuff (except dd chunkster)) so now the travel system is in the car and the buggy in the hallway. <car bigger than hallway madness - time to move>

bonzo77 Thu 09-May-13 22:16:07

Used to keep bugaboo bee in the car and maclaren at home (as it had to go diagonally in my boot which upset my OCD sensibilities hmm). Now have the bee in my boot with a buggy board and the Phil and teds double at home, though rarely used.

Tiggywunkle Thu 09-May-13 22:07:30

LOL we have 2 or 3 in the car and several more in the house grin
I have a YoYo in the car as my quick zip in and out pushchair, and then always one bigger pushchair - which may get swapped eg for an off roader if we need one, but its usually just a 4 wheeled PF pushchair.

WeOnlyPlannedTheFirst Thu 09-May-13 06:56:13

My house is too small to get any buggy in really plus when I did leave ds1's buggy in the kitchen once the cats pissed on it.
So we have a single Cosatto umbrella fold in dh's car as he only takes ds1 out alone and I keep the Nipper double in my car as I'm out with the twins. It is a pain having to fetch it and set it up by the front door to go out though.
Just ordered a Yoyo for my car for when I have ds1 only or so I sling one twin and push the other on shorter trips out.
Seems sensible enough to me.

MortifiedAdams Thu 09-May-13 06:54:46

confused no. And I didnt realise people did this. My Maclaren (only pushchair ive owned), lives in the house. I only ever put DD in the car every 7-10 days, as we live in a good location.where most things I need I can walk to in under 25mins.

I suppose it makes sense if you use the car most/every day.

jetstar Thu 09-May-13 06:51:36

Yep. Travel system one in the house and cheapo folding one in the car. Much easier smile

ShoeJunkie Thu 09-May-13 06:48:09

I have a Quinny Zapp in the boot of my tiny car and a bugaboo cam in the house (also fits in DH's car).

CruCru Wed 08-May-13 20:13:47

Yep, sounds pretty normal. I have a Vista for the house and a Maclaren for the car boot.

BluesandClues Wed 08-May-13 15:28:05

Not a huge house, I would just like a double (most likely a Phil and Teds) that lived in the garage so I don't have to drag the other one out of the car everytime.

MiaowTheCat Wed 08-May-13 15:15:01

Yep - used to have a cheapo Koochi umbrella fold that lived in the car (slung in the rear passenger footwells) and my iCandy Cherry lived in the house.

Now we have two kids - the Phil and Teds lives in the house - gets used if I'm going anywhere by myself (it's nicer to push and has the panniers and everything stored in it ready to just get out of the house and go), and a really cheap second-hand Cosatto in the car. We've got two big dogs so don't always have the boot space available for a pushchair and this can slide in the rear footwells to keep the boot free, plus it's handy to have a buggy in there in case we've done something like me going out plus the girls to collect hubby from work (I have to do this if I want the car during the working day) and decide to pop into a shop for something on the way home.

TwitchyTail Wed 08-May-13 15:10:43

I don't but I think it's a great idea. Getting it out of our front door while keeping our indoor cat ninja at bay is a challenge. Plus I never once mopped my floors before having a pram dragged in and out from the street. Come to think of it, I still haven't mopped my floors, but now I need to.

blush

BettyandDon Wed 08-May-13 14:56:05

No I have a double that only just fits in the house if it's partially dismantled and doesn't fit in the car unless it is fully dismantled.

I never do journeys that would be car + buggy. I either walk or bus with buggy or car and no buggy using a sling and walking toddler, or a shopping trolley for both.

In an ideal world I'd have a gigantic house and a gigantic car and a gigantic buggy smile.

Pascha Wed 08-May-13 14:53:38

Not quite. We have ended up with a pushchair for both cars though (double in mine, single in DH's)

Bakingtins Wed 08-May-13 14:42:44

grin at TravelinColour.

We ended up with this - had a big heavy 3 wheeler which does fit in the car but takes up all of the boot - this is parked in the porch and used for dog walks/school runs from home. Have a lightweight McClaren which lives in the car for shopping trips etc.

confused

How big is your house?

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 08-May-13 14:38:01

I'll join you. smile

My first and only pushchair for ages was a chunky three wheeler that I used every day for taking little 'un out with me to walk the dog across the fields. It lived in the garage or the car.

Then I began to notice that when I had to go off to baby group or shopping in town, I was wheeling about a trail of mud from the pushchair wheels, even after trying to brush it all off. So I bought a fold up stroller to keep in the car. It folded up so flat that it fitted underneath the load cover flap and left the entire boot free. Whereas my lovely chunky one filled half the boot. Win win all round. The way I see it, if you're the one that mostly has to push the bloody thing, it's up to you how you make it most convenient for yourself.

kirrinIsland Wed 08-May-13 14:33:10

I do but more by accident than design - obligatory lightweight stroller bought to replace silly heavy PFB pram - PFB pram now used for naps indoors.

I only have 1 double though - which lives in the car (stroller currently in the garage!)

BluesandClues Wed 08-May-13 14:23:26

I mean to say, he thinks I'm being silly as I want another double for the house as it does my back in dragging the one out from the car.

BluesandClues Wed 08-May-13 14:22:31

Dh thinks I'm being silly, but I've always had one that lived in the car and one in the house (this is because I've now decided I want a double to live in the house).

I'm not alone in this surely? It's common sense to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now