Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

A buggy with lie flat for massive ruts?

(6 Posts)
chocolatemartini Wed 08-May-13 15:09:44

I'd try a Tula toddler carrier if I were you. So comfy and lighter & easier to stick in the buggy's basket than a framed carrier. That's what I'd be using if it were me

JellyBellyWorkWear Tue 07-May-13 20:48:18

Ihateparties, saw a framed back carrier today for £10 to see if I like it. We go about 1/2 times a week. Played around the house and seems comfy so far, dh likes it

IceNoSlice Mon 06-May-13 22:34:08

Love my Out'n'About Nipper 360, you can 'wheelbarrow' in these kind of situations

Tiggywunkle Mon 06-May-13 22:29:40

I think I would suggest a BOB too because they have adjustable suspension and the front wheel locks forward giving good stability. If you have an older child, then a Mutsy Urban Rider will drive up and over anything - its got fabulously bouncy wheels.

Ihateparties Mon 06-May-13 21:29:29

Hmmmm BOBs are very good but I don't know tbh if I'd push or carry in this scenario.

That's not very helpful is it, sorry!

If this is somewhere you go very very regularly then the investment of a proper terrain pushchair is probably worth it, if not then I would be tempted to use a carrier. That's only because whenever I hit terrain I usually carry, in part because in my life it's infrequent.

JellyBellyWorkWear Mon 06-May-13 21:13:24

I have a phil and teds sport but poor dd was shaken so much walking I started to wonder about shaken baby syndrome. Where we regularly walk is used by horses (I wish they'd keep to the side paths...) and they really churn the ground badly. In winter you're trying to get through a bog, tbf the phil and teds wasn't too bad at this but in summer it dries so unevenly it's difficult to walk on without twisting an ankle and poor dd is shaken awake constantly. Is there a buggy to cope with this, or is a back carrier more realistic?
Ta!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now